Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Michael Cole would say: "And I quote"....

"When I work with Mike Tenay, he's all stuffy when the Knockouts compete. I don't know what his deal is with that."
and then JB adds in afterwards "he (Tenay) gets a little nervous".

Hmmm, maybe the professor is winding up Taz and JB a bit, never heard him referred to like that for no apparent reason by Taz.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I dont like him very much either.

But he's one bad MF ! ha ha ha

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
As Michael Cole would say: "And I quote"....

"When I work with Mike Tenay, he's all stuffy when the Knockouts compete. I don't know what his deal is with that."
and then JB adds in afterwards "he (Tenay) gets a little nervous".

Hmmm, maybe the professor is winding up Taz and JB a bit, never heard him referred to like that for no apparent reason by Taz.

Thoughts?

I don't know if he's winding them up.

I have a feeling his parents didn't sign the health class permission slip in high school and now when he gets an erection he just shifts uncomfortably.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Yeah....there is no middle ground. One guy screaming to jerk it, the other no selling when the KO's pop up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The best was this past week when Robbie E was doing the fist pump, the crowd starting getting riled up and booing. And Tenay, the clueless moron that he is, of course interrupts it and starts yapping. And Taz says something like "way to ruin the moment, Mike." There is no announcer that has ruined more moments than Tenay. He doesn't know when to shut the hell up and let the moment speak for himself. He needs to keep quite during Jeff Hardy's entrance also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
He doesn't know when to shut the hell up and let the moment speak for himself.
This is so true, especialy when someone makes a HIGH RISK move, Taz can feel that it was very dangerous and say something like "oh man, I think his hurt" and Tenay completely ignore that and start talking about "the feud" or "the storyline" when its not neccesary.

But the fact is, Tenay is very good with the play by play narration.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,615 Posts
I don't know if he's winding them up.

I have a feeling his parents didn't sign the health class permission slip in high school and now when he gets an erection he just shifts uncomfortably.
He probobly just is not used to it... I mean how old is he? He is probobly like

"Back in my day you could hardly ever get wood watching wrestling"

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Never liked Tenay one bit. How this guy has had 15 years of announcing work is beyond me. I've always disliked his work and found him boring since he joined wCw.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
ya i can't say i like teney either dude is totally boring on the mic and talks when he shouldn't. he just comes across as annoying on the mic. taz needs someone more fluid in there with him and more relaxed teney just doesn't fit imo. they need someone who can get into the action and call the play by play but then shut up when they need to.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
ya i can't say i like teney either dude is totally boring on the mic and talks when he shouldn't. he just comes across as annoying on the mic. taz needs someone more fluid in there with him and more relaxed teney just doesn't fit imo. they need someone who can get into the action and call the play by play but then shut up when they need to.
Taz is terrible, I seriously think the guy has some form of mental retardation, maybe aspergers. I'm not even kidding, you have to have some sort of mental deformity to say some of the stupid shit he says every week.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tenay always sounds like he's preaching, like he's "dumbing it down" for us ignorant mofo's listening. I always lol when he gets on his high horse about something as well, it's just a joke!

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
Tenay has always been terrible. He is the worst TNA announcer ever. I wish they bring in Scott Hudson to announce or Kevin Kelly.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Why the hell should Taz whine? I think since joining TNA, Taz has been a horrific announcer. He talks to much about other things than the Wrestlers and the matches themselves and always makes stupid jokes now, as thesame lines. He really needs to go back to the basics as when he started in 2001.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
meh i never cared for tenay much.... hes just too "wcw" for me, all the way down to his "arguments" with jarrett every week on an open headset

it seems that TNA is hellbound on having some wcw almumni at the booth... BRING SCOTT HUDSON

i dont really like taz either... but he still beats don west by a mile, if taz would quit with the "let the pigeons loose" bullshit every time velvet sky bent over.... that would knock his annoyance meter down a peck or two

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Yeah the commentary guys all need to shut their traps when Velvet (or any other hottie) makes her entrance or does something sexy. I don't want some perving guy voice on loudspeakers going on when I'm trying to enjoy that. (I have my own perving guy voice going on it my own head!) Velvet Sky + entrance music + no announcing = win. No more pigeons, or puppies, or any of that. At least they don't remind me that the Knockouts are "smart, sexy, and powerful!" every 3 seconds like they say about WWE Divas.

i dont really like taz either... but he still beats don west by a mile, if taz would quit with the "let the pigeons loose" bullshit every time velvet sky bent over.... that would knock his annoyance meter down a peck or two

1 - 20 of 23 Posts