Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Could sound like he's in kayfabe as he is with Miz right? Ok

Here’s what he told Minneapolis’ 93X Half-Assed Morning Show

They don’t need to be on TV. Get them off. It was embarrassing. Looking at that from my perspective, it was funny backstage looking at it, but that’s not something that... you know, this is my opinion. The kids watch this show. It’s a kid’s program, we took it down to PG-13 and made everything kid-friendly, right? And for someone to come on there and grab the microphone and go off and do something outlandish like this and you were told... I guarantee they were told not to do it - it’s embarrassing.

And yeah, I watching it backstage and I was embarrassed. Growing up in the family business like this and seeing some guy... the whole family to me. Granted, you know the kid’s gonna be a superstar or whatever but the dad and the other guy, they do this on a program where my family’s busted their ass - it embarrasses me and it pisses me off. It sucks.

They went off on their own and did whatever they did to hype themselves up, so I was disgusted with the whole thing.
Damn tell em how you really feel

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
To be honest, I do understand him. Everyone is restricted and guests can come by and say and
do as they please, making you look like a fool. It didn't bother me but I can see how he sees it.
Never been the biggest fan of special guests. LaVar was funny though. This one is my favourite so far.
(next to Mike Tyson)

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Curtis Axel butthurt Lavar Ball brought more attention his shitty show than they have had in a long time.

He is salty that Lonzo and LaMelo will make more in one year in the NBA than he has in his whole career.

He wishes his dad was Lavar, the true Mr Perfect.

He is pissed that the Ball family are going to become billionaires before this is all said and done.

He is just a jobber with a SMALL BALLER mentality.

He has no idea what the BIG BALLER LIFE is all about.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Curtis Axel butthurt Lavar Ball brought more attention his shitty show than they have had in a long time.

He is salty that Lonzo and LaMelo will make more in one year in the NBA than he has in his whole career.

He wishes his dad was Lavar, the true Mr Perfect.

He is pissed that the Ball family are going to become billionaires before this is all said and done.

He is just a jobber with a SMALL BALLER mentality.

He has no idea what the BIG BALLER LIFE is all about.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus using Tapatalk

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,736 Posts
"Kids show" despite the average age viewer of the show being in their 40's. No, Curtis. Your dumbass boss just doesn't know how to market to his true audience; the only part of the audience he has left, which is shrinking by the year.

I did LOL at someone saying he wishes he had a different dad, though.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
How can Axel (or anyone else) be upset with the Ball family? They essentially did their schtick to a "T". If that's not what you want from them, don't have them on. Axel should be upset with Vince if anyone.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,276 Posts
Lavar is an idiot and his biggest exposure is from saying dumb shit.

He came out looking like an ass. Curtis sounds like a complete hater with this statement, but I really don't care because Lavar was terrible.

You want social relevance? Go send out the guy Lavar wishes he could be. Send out Michael Jordan. Hell, get Lebron. Get Curry. Get Kevin Durant and make him heel. Lavar Ball's social relevance is living of his son's HOPEFULLY success and his outlandish comments.

Reactions: Dub J

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
What's messed up is that everyone is talking about LaVar instead of his son Lonzo. It's the kid trying to build up the brand not his dad. But his dad can't get out of his way. As soon as Lonzo steps foot on an NBA floor just watch how the flagrant fouls keep building up. This kid will be elbowed and knocked down every game because his father can't shut up

·
Registered
603 Posts
Swear it's hilarious to see just how out of touch with pop culture some wrestlers and fans are. The irony is that's the same complaint those same people always use against Vince

Sent from my Galaxy S8 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Lavar is an idiot and his biggest exposure is from saying dumb shit.

He came out looking like an ass. Curtis sounds like a complete hater with this statement, but I really don't care because Lavar was terrible.

You want social relevance? Go send out the guy Lavar wishes he could be. Send out Michael Jordan. Hell, get Lebron. Get Curry. Get Kevin Durant and make him heel. Lavar Ball's social relevance is living of his son's HOPEFULLY success and his outlandish comments.
They should get Michael Jackson and E.T while they're at it. About as likely as the people you mentioned.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Does anyone even know if these people are fans of WWE? I knew it was going to be a disaster from the start. Then the kids said the N word a couple times and I was like 'get these idiots out of here.' At least he didn't punch out Miz. Nothing worse than seeing some celebrity come on and knock out a top wrestler.

·
PUSH BIG E
3,276 Posts
They should get Michael Jackson and E.T while they're at it. About as likely as the people you mentioned.
Really? Michael Jordan is a stretch.

Curry and Lebron? Fuck no. They could get them if they REALLY wanted to.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Really? Michael Jordan is a stretch.

Curry and Lebron? Fuck no. They could get them if they REALLY wanted to.
They couldn't. There's a reason why most of their guests haven't been famous for years. Curry and Lebron don't need the money or the attention WWE offer them.
They were lucky to get someone as famous Lavar on their show tbh.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Lavar Ball shouldn't even be important anywhere in current times, only his son should...but he's forced himself into the lime light, and this is just another reason how and why. I don't really like the guy, but I thought he was quite entertaining on Raw, lol, which is rare. He is a natural character, and characters are something that WWE is desperate for, so maybe it just stood out more, and hurt the feelings of some talents that couldn't buy in ring character that Lavar naturally showed...it honestly made me laugh up until the ignorant brother started screaming "beet dat nicka azz"

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I personally agree with Axel here. For me at least, that whole thing brought nothing to the show, i found it quite cringey, it did nothing for the Miz/Ambrose feud, it just struck me as another random celebrity guest appearance that they like to throw in for the hell of it.

Then again i am British so perhaps i just don't get it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Honestly who cares what Curtis Axel thinks. The ONLY Reason he even has a job is because his daddy was a hall of famer, otherwise he would be in local gymnasiums wrestling inf front of 15 people. The guy isn't talented enough to be on the roster but gets on TV cause of his daddy, then is going to complain about someone else getting tv time who will probably attract more attention to WWE than Curtis has his entire career? Get over it, and be thankful for your daddy for being so great that they hired his talentless son.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts