Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's simple, when you are a draw, you have alot of fans, what's not to get, all the time on this site you here how punk is the best, or bryan is the best, and they say how they are the most over people in the company etc., but the truth is, there not, far from, (moreso the case for bryan) and we use the ratingz as an example of how over they really are. i say bryan and punk fans because they are the main fans on the site who for some crazy reason think that drawing doesn't matter when your at the top of the company. and the thing they always say has got to be the dumbest thing anyone can say "lulz, who cares about ratingz and drawing power, how does this dictate what is entertaining' news flash, it is a direct affect of what is entertaining, when something is not entertaining, you turn from it, thus ratingz show what people are really being entertained by. this goes hand and hand with the argument of who is better, don't get me wrong, it's a opinion, but if you were to look at the ratingz and buys when a certain champion is on top compared to another and one is considerably out drawing the other, why would we not acknowledge this. clearly more people think that that champion and better and more entertaining than the latter, so why do people when comparisons are made act as if, oh well for example " the miz isn't even in the league of punk" BS, clearly the buys and ratingz show otherwise, the more people think the miz is better, so why make are opinion seem stupid and dumb, when in reality we have statistics to back it up and that's when you use the same excuse i posted earlier. to end i just want to say, BEING A DRAW REALLY KINDA MEANS EVERYTHING, especially if you want to be considered a GOAT people:gun::gun::gun:

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Re: I don't see why most people in the ICW don't understand why we bring up darwing p

draw power is irrelevant today because no one can draw outside of Cena because that's the only person WWE even tries to make into a legitimate wrestler. Everyone else is booked as second rate crap and honestly of course they don't draw because who the hell would want to watch tag team champions who get their asses kicked immediately in under 5 seconds by the big show.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Re: I don't see why most people in the ICW don't understand why we bring up darwing p

We already have an entire thread stickied for the purpose of arguing "darwing power" so I'm not sure we need another one discussing why it is ok to discuss it.

I mean, I agree with IAmWolves anyway in that nobody in this company draws save for Cena, so the entire ratings thread is sort of a tireless - yet useless - exercise. But hey, it's there, and there are plenty of people in there who would love to split hairs with you over who can darw a 2.8 vs. a 2.85.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts

HBK = A contender for GOAT, but he wasn't exactly a big draw.

Please, do go on.

·
Registered
825 Posts

Punk isn't a draw. Neither is the Miz, Orton, Sheamus, or anybody not named John Cena. My question is why do so any people in the IWC care about who draws when the WWE doesn't?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Punk isn't a draw. Neither is the Miz, Orton, Sheamus, or anybody not named John Cena. My question is why do so any people in the IWC care about who draws when the WWE doesn't?
Yup. And when someone not named Cena does start to draw a little, WWE depushes them and makes them irrelevant so that no one can possibly respect them or take them seriously anymore.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

HBK = A contender for GOAT, but he wasn't exactly a big draw.

Please, do go on.
that's apparently is a small minorities opinion, but i like most fans know for sure, it's between rock, austin, and hogan, DRAWS

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

Drawing power? CM Punk is 15mins of a show, whilst RAW is a 2hour show. 1 Person can't make a massive difference in the ratings. Maybe they dislike CM Punk so they don't tune in, maybe they don't like Cena, maybe the fact RAW has been shit recently? No 1 person is responsible for the ratings of a 2hour show. Cena opens and closes the show most weeks, so how on earth can CM Punk be blamed. It's everyones fault that ratings are low mostly creatives and booking. Wrestlers can only work with the material given to them.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

A car wreck draws viewers but it is rarely entertaining.

Schwartznegger movies draw more money than DeNiro's yet nobody has ever given a 5 star rating to any of his movies and nobody will tell you he's a great actor either.

If your a movie watcher do you only watch box office smashes? You going to try to argue that Predator is a better movie than Taxi Driver?

Drawing is nothing, being entertaining means more. Fan happiness draws more than size, ability or anything else. Satisfy your audience and the people will come.

Like I say in 15-20 years the only people that will care about who drew money these days will probably be dead. The promoters used to worry about creating an attractive product and having great matches that made people want to come to the show and watch it on TV. Not just focusing on 2 people for 10 years (like Vince has done). Nobody will care about Monday's TV rating next year, hell its only Friday and many don't give a damn already.

How much something/someone makes does not dictate the quality of the product. It doesn't matter if your talking platinum music records, wrestling PPVs, Ipods, cell phones or anything else.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

^ no sense makes no sense

·
Registered
825 Posts

that's apparently is a small minorities opinion, but i like most fans know for sure, it's between rock, austin, and hogan, DRAWS
Those are the biggest names in the history of the business. Of course CM Punk isn't up there. Nobody in their right mind thinks that. Punk is better compared to with guys like Edge.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Why the fuck should anyone care is my question. Why should someone's so called "drawing power" affect your view of a wrestler? As a fan you have one job: to watch and be entertained.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts

Good points OP. Drawing power is everything in business, wrestling is a business. This is not a sport, numbers are the indicator to true greatness in this industry. For people saying guys like HBK and Orton, these guys drew big in peak periods in a lot of aspects, they're not in that category, but, they're also not in the GOAT category.

·
Registered
452 Posts

Dang. I thought this thread was about him.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Why the fuck should anyone care is my question. Why should someone's so called "drawing power" affect your view of a wrestler? As a fan you have one job: to watch and be entertained.
THIS

Seriously, why should we give a shit who draws, or who's marketable, or what the ratings for a segment will be? The only people who should worry about that are the people in charge, not us.

Just shut the fuck up and watch it AS A FAN!

Know your role :)

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts

This exactly, along with Jonoaries.
OP, you care way too much about something an actual fan shouldn't.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

Trying to prove that Wrestler A is objectively better than Wrestler B based on "darwing power" is incredibly redundant and pointless.

You want to talk ratings and draws? Go to the ratings thread.

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
Re: I don't see why most people in the ICW don't understand why we bring up drawing p

Problem with most fans is they dictate how good a wrestler is "to them" by his ability to draw with other fans.

Thats like saying because everybody else watches American Idol, it must be the greatest show and I should watch it too.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Re: I don't see why most people in the ICW don't understand why we bring up drawing p

Problem with most fans is they dictate how good a wrestler is "to them" by his ability to draw with other fans.

Thats like saying because everybody else watches American Idol, it must be the greatest show and I should watch it too.
Not most fans. Just IWC retards who think they know the business better than everyone else.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Lol, I can't believe people don't think HBK was a draw. Maybe not like Austin, Rock, or Hulk Hogan, but hell, by that logic, those three are the ONLY draws. If Shawn Michaels is not a draw, that means people didn't want to see his matches with Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Hmmm....

Draw = A person people pay to see; one who grabs the audience's attention. Lots of superstars are draws, just the degree in which they are varies. I wouldn't call Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler a draw, but CM Punk sure is.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Drawing power is popularity. Some stars will be more popular than others. Who really cares? Shut up and watch.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts