Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Confortably Numb
6,436 Posts
Yes. It worked with Ryback for quite a while, and when he moved on to bigger stuff he was massively over.
And I still don't see what's wrong with The Ascension. :shrug

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
They should do a minimalist approach when it comes to Jobber matches.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The problem with jobber squashes in the Ascension's case is that it is such a transparent trick to make them look good because they're the only ones who currently squash no names. So much so that JBL even outright pointed this out during RAW last night. It feels so wrong precisely because fighting no name jobbers goes completely against the established process and overall culture in the show (as stupid and illogical said culture often is).

Personally, I don't feel WWE needs more squash matches. I would rather have a stronger undercard that's more integrated into the show both character and wrestling wise and use them to put over the stars in the midcard and upper midcard rather than just bringing in more outright fodder. Squashes are fine in some respects but they should have to do more with the squasher being just that much of a beast rather than his opponent being a complete loser e.g. Brock Lesnar killing John Cena at SummerSlam.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts