Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you remember a scripted John Cena promo in recent years atleast in the last 3 years?

I know promos are scripted the wrestler can add a little touch of his own but most of it is scripted in the end.

John Cena most of the times calling wrestlers with their real names just saying everything he wants to anyone without giving a fuck about anything.

You can go to his promo with Styles before the Royal Rumble and Miz one last week as prime examples for what I'm saying.

He even was the only one that was saying Bullet Club in the feud with AJ Styles.

Does he have that much power to do all of this without anything that Vince or even Triple H do about it?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
That's because Cena isn't scripted. He's the top guy. He has enough influence to write his own promos. There are a couple other guys who aren't scripted, or at least overscripted, such as Chris Jericho and Bray Wyatt.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Every Cena promo is scripted. Every single insult he said to Miz or AJ was written down and discussed beforehand. He isn't just going out there and saying whatever he wants to say.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Every Cena promo is scripted. Every single insult he said to Miz or AJ was written down and discussed beforehand. He isn't just going out there and saying whatever he wants to say.
These promos discussed with who exactly and if you tell me with AJ or Miz how can you tell me that they will accept that at all to be said to them without having an answer.

The only way I can believe this that AJ knew that Cena after the Rumble will come to say that he was wrong and AJ Styles is on his level.

But when it comes to Miz and Maryse the only way they can recover with this is they win the match at Wrestlemania and that is most likely will not happen these were very legit and personal insults that he said.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
These promos discussed with who exactly and if you tell me with AJ or Miz how can you tell me that they will accept that at all to be said to them without having an answer.

The only way I can believe this that AJ knew that Cena after the Rumble will come to say that he was wrong and AJ Styles is on his level.

But when it comes to Miz and Maryse the only way they can recover with this is they win the match at Wrestlemania and that is most likely will not happen these were very legit and personal insults that he said.
Because Cena is still the top guy, and for the sake of their jobs and the story they just have to sit there and take it. If it was more fair, people would take turns being the last to speak, and people would actually be scripted to have some rebuttals and some comebacks for Cena.

But as it is, its completely set up for Cena to destroy everyone. Which isn't fair, but thats the way Vince wants it.

I can almost guarantee you though that when Cena and Reigns finally face off, Cena will have to stay quiet while Reigns gets the last word. And the writers wouldn't let Cena say even 20% of the stuff he said to Miz.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Because Cena is still the top guy, and for the sake of their jobs and the story they just have to sit there and take it. If it was more fair, people would take turns being the last to speak, and people would actually be scripted to have some rebuttals and some comebacks for Cena.

But as it is, its completely set up for Cena to destroy everyone. Which isn't fair, but thats the way Vince wants it.

I can almost guarantee you though that when Cena and Reigns finally face off, Cena will have to stay quiet while Reigns gets the last word. And the writers wouldn't let Cena say even 20% of the stuff he said to Miz.
You are right in this because they even did it when Roman wasn't where he is now and they made him have the last word against Cena before the Fatal 4-Way at Battleground.

Roman is the only one that I can accept Cena killing him on the mic and also Roman is nowhere Cena level when it comes to the mic.

In the same time I don't think they are scripting his promos he just can say what he want in a way that he knows Vince will not be upset about it and that is it.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Cena really destroys the heels, the bad guys. He usually lets faces get the last word. He did it with Ambrose, Bryan, Punk, and Roman as well. I dont think Cena hates losing, he probably hates losing to heels.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Only 3 years? I think since 2009 Orton said Cena write all his stuff and because of that he consider him a better mic worker than Rock lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts