Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
I find him way too crowd pandering.

His promos aren't as good.

He lost the attitude which made him cool in the first place.
As a Punk fan, i agree. The guy is an awesome heel, you can see he's having fun when playing a heel.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I don't understand why he can't just play a face in the style of his early 2011 'heel' run where he ended up being cheered, I loved that attitude. He tries to be too cheesy in an attempt to win fans over and i've no idea where that comes from, whether that's just his idea of playing a face or whether the WWE has told him that they want him to do it to fit in with their idea of what a face should be. It just seems like a step backwards really, WWE logic = a heel is getting cheered, quick change everything about him so that he'll be cheered..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Really? cause it's the opposite for me. I like Punk as a face, the majority of crowds like cheering him and his ring style works far better in the babyface role. I hated Punk's heel run late last year - early this year as it was forced and often overboard most of the time.

·
Banned
615 Posts
I don't like Punk overall. Overrated as hell here. He's like Orton, both only shine as a heel (because of their attitude), which doesn't help them as faces. Cena is good at both a heel and a face. When heel he uses his obnoxious Boston accent and suburban white boy attitude to fuck with the crowd. As a face he tones down a bit and pulls off the Hulk Hogan uber-American character that gets him over the Patriotic/Nationalist/idiotic crowd.

Reactions: gothicthug1999

·
Registered
7 Posts
Really? cause it's the opposite for me. I like Punk as a face, the majority of crowds like cheering him and his ring style works far better in the babyface role. I hated Punk's heel run late last year - early this year as it was forced and often overboard most of the time.
this is what i was about to say. his promos may have been better as a heel. but his wrestling style is way better as a face.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Punk just isn't that talented. He's decent as a heel.
As a face all he does is that stupid chicken wing flap.
Not talented?

Check the number of titles he's won. Then check the amount of days of his combined. Then check the length of his last WWE title run. Then do a google search and find many many positive quotes from legends, people who hates him, current roster and other promotions. Then check his opponents just this year. Then check his position on the card for the last 5 years.

Then check yourself before you wreck yourself.

·
Banned
615 Posts
Not talented?

Check the number of titles he's won. Then check the amount of days of his combined. Then check the length of his last WWE title run. Then do a google search and find many many positive quotes from legends, people who hates him, current roster and other promotions. Then check his opponents just this year. Then check his position on the card for the last 5 years.

Then check yourself before you wreck yourself.
Only the internet can back up CM Punk. And Daniel Bryan. And Antonio Cesaro. And John Moxley. And Seth Rollins. And *insert indie wrestler who is now in WWE*.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Punk is not a face.

He's a tweener being booked as a face, there's a difference.

It basically means he remains bad ass, can still insult the crowd from time to time, and can low blow people for victories when necessary / for fun.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.