Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I was wondering if some of you guys were experiencing the same problem Ive been having. Every time I log in to these forums, a pop up message tells me I have to install the tools for Internet Explorer. On the bottom of the screen in the status bar it says "Installing components...btiein.cab and this goes on forever. In the meanwhile nothing comes up on screen and I have to click on the back button to go to the previous page. It does this every other time and even though I installed the shit a million times, the goddamn pop up still keeps appearing. Not only that, the pages take forever to load when it actually works. The problem definitely lies with Wrestling-Edge because my internet explorer works fine everywhere else. Somebody needs to correct this problem immediately or Im out of here. And I wont be comming back. Its been going on for too long. The WE forums are a pain in the ass, man its not even worth it anymore. Its become like a chore. Sometimes, it takes me a whole day just to reply to a thread. Its ridiculous. :mad:

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Click out and open it up again, that's what I do when it happens. I thought they were adding some hacks or something when it said installing. It sucks though.

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
Well i've had a few problems and at times it's taken me like 5 minutes to load a page but i'm guessing that's down to my crappy 56k modem. I sometimes get the too many connections message which gets annoying but besides that the place normally runs OK for me.
If it's a pop up you're getting just download one of the free pop up stoppers and it might go but i don't get the message that you're talking about so i'm not sure really.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yeah, that happened to me and that sux. I always have to close the W-E page and open it again.

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Kliqster said:
Well i've had a few problems and at times it's taken me like 5 minutes to load a page but i'm guessing that's down to my crappy 56k modem. I sometimes get the too many connections message which gets annoying but besides that the place normally runs OK for me.
If it's a pop up you're getting just download one of the free pop up stoppers and it might go but i don't get the message that you're talking about so i'm not sure really.

What he said. Pop-up stoppers stop those.

This is a heads-up to everyone, I DON'T have a pop-up stopper, and I use MSN Browser. I get no pop-ups. So maybe you should try downloading MSN or something....?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
THE REAL NWO said:
I know how you feel. I could not get on for several hours yesterday. I thought I was banned!
You were.:D

Popup stoppers don't work on what was coming up yesterday for some reason. I have the free edition and it stops everything, except for that.

N

·
0 Posts
If you're talking about the "download pop-up" that appears at (generally) the lower right-hand corner, I have yet to experience this.

I talked to Amish and he said he had no clue what causes this and there isn't a sure way to fix it since no one is aware of which ad makes the pop-up...

·
version 2.0
5,045 Posts
Nitemare said:

I talked to Amish and he said he had no clue what causes this and there isn't a sure way to fix it since no one is aware of which ad makes the pop-up...
If no one knows, than isn't that a good thing for you to find out?
For all you know they're hacking IP's, through W-E's cookies...

N

·
0 Posts
No, it's OBVIOUSLY one of the hundreds of codes for ads... (There's probably 3 banner codes, and 3-4 pop-up codes)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well whatever it is it needs to be fixed because that shit is ridiculous. It takes forever just to get the page up and this only started doing it this past week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts