Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Everyone knows they are fake, Reddit proved that a long time ago. Its not just WWE though since TNA, NJPW, ROH, and pretty much every other company does the same thing. They all buy followers to inflate their numbers.

According to TwitterAudit, only 64% of WWE's followers on Twitter are real.

Interestingly, if you look at the wrestlers, only 55% of Roman Reigns followers are real. Most of the other main eventers are over 70%. WWE are paying money to make Roman look strong online, certainly more than they are for other wrestlers.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
This is mostly directed at those who like to bring up YT numbers while ignoring the like to dislike ratio of those videos :reigns2
I don't wanna be the guy to support Roman but likes and dislikes mean nothing, not even to youtube's algorithm. I know this has been repeated ad nauseaum, but all those people watching Roman videos just to dislike it are still watching his videos. And if they were gonna leave, they would've left much earlier. Its been 3 years and they are still there, unwittingly helping the Roman Push train to chug along. Maybe this kind of heat is actually sustainable in the long run. Wrestling fans sure have proved that so far.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I don't wanna be the guy to support Roman but likes and dislikes mean nothing, not even to youtube's algorithm. I know this has been repeated ad nauseaum, but all those people watching Roman videos just to dislike it are still watching his videos. And if they were gonna leave, they would've left much earlier. Its been 3 years and they are still there, unwittingly helping the Roman Push train to chug along. Maybe this kind of heat is actually sustainable in the long run. Wrestling fans sure have proved that so far.
He is saying that WWE are paying for views to inflate Romans youtube numbers. And honestly, I would not be even slightly surprised.

They have already been confirmed to have paid to inflate his twitter followers, why not do the same for his youtube videos??

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
I wonder what thing Vince made Dave say that made Dave pay attention to how much of Vince's bitch he is, so he felt like he just had to say this the way he had to say this.

To make himself feel better about being Vince's bitch because he didn't want to go the supermarket and buy a gallon of Haagen-Daas and inhale it in a single night.

Which yes, he is, to some degree. The same way Vince is Dave's bitch, to some (smaller) degree.

It's a symbiotic bitch relationship they have.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
He is saying that WWE are paying for views to inflate Romans youtube numbers. And honestly, I would not be even slightly surprised.

They have already been confirmed to have paid to inflate his twitter followers, why not do the same for his youtube videos??
Because youtube has integrity? Nah, I just don't buy youtube inflating views. Unlike social media, the platform is now a large industry in terms of ad money and income. Basically, many firms and people rely on it nowadays and having a large firm to be allowed to manipulate views could severely damage other people who make a living and manipulate ad view time, ad revenue etc basically theres a lot of implications in doing that. Plus, if that were true then youtube would be populated far more by corporately created shows and youtube channels but that isn't the case. In fact, corporate youtube channels tend to actually suffer heavily despite having the funding.

Reactions: wwe9391

·
Baby Yoda
30,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because youtube has integrity? Nah, I just don't buy youtube inflating views. Unlike social media, the platform is now a large industry in terms of ad money and income. Basically, many firms and people rely on it nowadays and having a large firm to be allowed to manipulate views could severely damage other people who make a living and manipulate ad view time, ad revenue etc basically theres a lot of implications in doing that. Plus, if that were true then youtube would be populated far more by corporately created shows and youtube channels but that isn't the case. In fact, corporate youtube channels tend to actually suffer heavily despite having the funding.
They're not paying youtube, they're getting a third party to set up bots and padding views for their videos.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I don't think it makes a difference to the WWE but I do wonder for myself what the average % of a Roman video that the audience makes it through in comparison to Cena, AJ, Nakamura, and others is. I think that'd be a real metric to see how engaging he actually is. How many idiots just go and click on his videos just to dislike and immediately leave?

It's fucking fake? Color me surprised :eek:

·
Baby Yoda
30,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I don't think it makes a difference to the WWE but I do wonder for myself what the average % of a Roman video that the audience makes it through in comparison to Cena, AJ, Nakamura, and others is. I think that'd be a real metric to see how engaging he actually is. How many idiots just go and click on his videos just to dislike and immediately leave?

It's fucking fake? Color me surprised :eek:
That's the point I was getting at... A lot of people go on to his videos just to dislike the video and post something negative about Roman. They don't actually want to watch him, they're using it as a means to express their dislike for him.

Before I use to think the Roman Empire was a thing and we just weren't seeing it at events, but today I realized it's really just Vince's army of bots he's paid for to make Roman look strong :lol

The likes of Cena, Lesnar, AJ, Seth, KO, Balor, Ambrose etc. probably all have bigger fan bases than him.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts