Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the point of having Ryback's jobbers talk? I mean Why? I don't get it at all is he some sort of a "Im gonna shut you up" guy?

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
So we get emotionally bound to those characters and then him destroying them should makes us boo him?

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
The first two were because WWE probably wanted him to be a face - squashing jobbers isn't normally a face thing to do so they had to make the jobbers a little heelish.

As for the latest guy being a good guy, maybe they want to change directions with Ryback and make him heel now. Dunno bout that one.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
You answered your own question OP. The local jobbers are cutting heelish promos in an attempt to get the crowd to cheer Ryback when he comes out and destroys them.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You answered your own question OP. The local jobbers are cutting heelish promos in an attempt to get the crowd to cheer Ryback when he comes out and destroys them.
What about the last guy? He was a face trying to dedicate a match to his parents.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Can't wait for Barry Stevens to debut JobberEXUS, should be a toughie for Ryback. :)

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
What about the last guy? He was a face trying to dedicate a match to his parents.
Yeh the last guy kind of threw me for a loop to, it either means they've changed their minds and want Ryback to be heel now or just figured that he would be boo'd in England regardless.

Either way the reason the jobbers are cutting promos is the WWE's way of getting the reaction THEY want for Ryback and not just letting the natual crowd reaction determine his direction.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
No idea. It's something different though, so that's always nice. It's also funny to see no-name jobbers attempting to cut a promo. The first guy Ryback squashed was awful on the mic.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Barry Stevens, Danny Lerman and Benny Camer are going to be future hall of famers. The funny thing is, all of the jobbers have gotten more attention then Ryback himself :lmao

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Barry Stevens, Danny Lerman and Benny Camer are going to be future hall of famers. The funny thing is, all of the jobbers have gotten more attention then Ryback himself :lmao
Only because boring hipster smarks like to make dumb threads about them in an attempt at humour :lol.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
No idea. It's something different though, so that's always nice. It's also funny to see no-name jobbers attempting to cut a promo. The first guy Ryback squashed was awful on the mic.
Barry Stevens is going to be a multi title holder. He is going to posess the WWE title, he is going to be world heavyweight champion of the erph, the united states champion, the intercontinental champion, the tag team champion, the diva's champion, a grand slam champion and a triple crown champion. He will also be a future hall of famer.

Barry Stevens is the future.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Well originally it was a case of easily establishing Ryback as a face, which they did well.

However it's become a case of "gee, those superstars watching in the back worked well, didn't it?!?" and now we've got heels McIntyre and Slater commentating on a face's destruction of a jobber when they're surely (and unfortunately) next in line....

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What's the point of having Ryback's jobbers talk? I mean Why? I don't get it at all is he some sort of a "Im gonna shut you up" guy?
It's an attempt to get cheap heat. Just to let the crowd know who they're supposed to boo

That's why he's on Smackdown! and not Raw

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The first week we saw the NXT crew in the back, reminding us where he came from, they seemed impressed, even though there was a couple of heels there, guys cuts heel promo, Ryback squashs him, seems like a face moment.

Second week, it was like a running joke by this point, way to get the legends in the segment, the word squash was used, this solidified the fact they were going with the old school route of random local jobbers, guy cuts heel promo, Ryback squashs him.

This week, the joke continues, now we have superstars, funnily enough guys he would probably be facing if it wasn't for the fact he again faces a local jobber, they again seem impressed, putting over how dominant he is. Guy cuts face promo, still gets squashed, i like the theory that as he was talking about his mom and he looks even smaller than the last guys, we could connect with his potential pain even more, maybe as he was UK they were worried the crowd could cheer him anyway, either way it puts over how powerful Ryback is with another squash.

I think this is just a way to get Ryback over with squashs whilst also protecting the lower card, he looks mean as these guys are made to look like nothing compared to him. It's a running joke and a way to put him over by having others watch and comment about him, they perhaps don't know or were cautious about if he was going to get face/heel reactions, maybe they haven't made up their mind yet and are keeping both doors open.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts