Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not questioning his marginal appeal to some folks in the audience.

His striking is terrible.

His offense is absolutely atrocious and poorly paced.

He lacks charisma on the whole which effects him as a face and a heel. All of his pushes have failed. Badly.

He's yet to put together a move set that isn't a bunch of hammed up and poorly placed corkscrew spots..

He still hasn't figured out how to time (in a physical sense) these moves well enough to execute them effectively in a match setting on a consistent basis

He might be the most forced non-rookie on the card with regards to his mic work and acting.

I can't get past any of that. The guy is plain bad. 'The next HBK'? Please. He has no degree of comparable talent.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
john morrison puts on entertaining matches and is GOOD on the mic. check out his ecw stuff he played hes role as a heel well.What i dont get is the hate for him and hate for high flyers in general not everyone whats to see headlocks for the majority of the match.Although to be fair the one problem i have with him is the starship of pain hes botched it a few to many time,he should go back to the moonlight drive.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
john morrison puts on entertaining matches and is GOOD on the mic. check out his ecw stuff he played hes role as a heel well.What i dont get is the hate for him and hate for high flyers in general not everyone whats to see headlocks for the majority of the match.Although to be fair the one problem i have with him is the starship of pain hes botched it a few to many time,he should go back to the moonlight drive.
It's not like a don't like high flyers. I think Rey Mysterio is one of the best wrestlers on the planet, and he's a glorified spot monkey. John Morrison is just flat out bad at what he does. He can't put together a match. Entertaining? His pacing is dreadful and he botches more moves than you can count (granted, you acknowledged this somewhat).

He was better back in ECW, but his character at this point is so stale its agonising. At least for me. I just don't get the love at all. I GET that people like spot monkeys, just John Morrison is a BAD spot monkey.

· Kit Kat
229 Posts
Morrison's matches tend to be fast paced and exciting which are the kind of matches I enjoy watching. His mic work is really his only downfall IMO but so was/is Jeff Hardy's and he has managed to win World Titles.

JO MO is a future world champ no doubt, but it's clear he is still rough around the edges which is why he hasn't been forced into the main event too quickly. The guy is only 31 so has plenty time on his side to improve and I don't think he has much to improve on, but then that's only my opinion.

The love for JO MO clearly comes from the excitement factor. I don't get excited when I see JO MO standing in the middle of the ring with a mic in his hand like I do if it's The Rock, but I sure as hell get excited when I see him practicall defting gravity in his matches.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,867 Posts
Morrison will NEVER appeal to people who dislike high flyersas close minded as that is) that is just a fact nothing you can do baout it. Of course likeing mysterio and not liking morrison makes very little sense.

· Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course likeing mysterio and not liking morrison makes very little sense.
Seriously? It makes complete sense. Rey Mysterio has more talent in one of his feet.

Seriously, the gulf between Mysterio and Morrison, in terms of what they do well? Huge.

And to say Morrison needs to be 'given time' doesn't float with me. The guy has been pushed as a face and heel multiple times, over the course of five years. His ring work has REGRESSED from where it was a few years ago in ECW. His mic work has REGRESSED.

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,145 Posts
You've made a questionable assertion early in this post. I am highly entertained by Morrison's athleticism, but as far as mic skills go......

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
on this forum's eyes, everyone sucks, why don't you tell me about a guy you like? because as far as i know, everyone in wwe sucks according to the posts from you people
You obviously don't read very well if you think every poster thinks that every wrestler in the company sucks.

Who do I like? For me, it's guys who are more mic skills/presence/character oriented than ring based. Punk/Barrett/Miz...etc.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
to op. hes character is stale because of the creative team not because of him and yes i did say i find him entertaining because he can pull of some unique moves(which believe it or not actually takes talent)yes hes not perfect but he has lots of potential both with his character and in ring ability.i dont understand what u ment by you understand the love that he gets,he doesnt seem to get much love cause of the morrison hate bandwagon thats been going around.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.