Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man it must suck to be a teacher bro. I know the ones in my area hardly make bank. I'm in the metro area too. Some teachers even told us they had second jobs. This was at my highschool I went to last year before starting college. Plus some teachers work overtime and still hardly make anything to live a great middle-class lifestyle. So, do you think teachers should make a lot more?

· Banned
509 Posts
No, because they're terrible at their jobs. People wonder why education is America is a joke. It's because we have shitty teachers.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, because they're terrible at their jobs. People wonder why education is America is a joke. It's because we have shitty teachers.
I totally disagree I know some teachers who are great at their jobs.

Mods close the other thread my computer glitched and created a duplicate keep this one open.

· Registered
33,465 Posts
Sure blame the so called shitty teachers but don't put a blame on the kids who refuse to listen, read, write, and speak when necessary. Many kids now just point fingers rather than man up and take responsibility. Kids that take for granted a free education nowadays and disrespect elders not giving fucks because they know today's youth can get away with more. The system needs fixing and the classroom sizes are large with more interruptions and less learning.

Yes there are shitty fucking teachers, but this can be said for all jobs with shitty managers, presidents, bosses etc...

Bottom line is..everyone has choices and responsibility in life..it's the ones who choose to follow them that will succeed while the others will fail.

BTW, yes teachers should get paid more. If Babysitters can get say 60 bucks per kid per day..imagine the $$$ a teacher should get for 100 kids per day ;)

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The good teachers should make more.
100% I had this History teacher last year who was a great teacher. The man has to have a second job and he was a great teacher. It just goes to show you that teachers hardly get treated right.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Teachers are handcuffed by parents. They can't teach kids what they should know, they can't discipline kids like they should, they can't hold back kids because that'd separate them from their friends.
Now you have a point with that. Especially with the holding the kids back part.

· Registered
2,887 Posts
Supply and demand...

As long as the supply exceeds the demand teachers will always make the least pay possible.

There will always be a excess supply of teachers because the job is easy. Inside air conditioned buildings with nice daytime schedules with weekends off. Summer vacations. Lots of perks.

I asked several aspiring teachers why they wanted to be teachers during my college age years. They all told me because of the perks I listed.

So fuck teachers who complain about their pay. Supply and demand...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

· Banned
433 Posts
The teachers i had made me hate them, in fact, one of my teachers had me ready to go to his house at one point because he would single me out daily just to make me look bad, and i was not the only one who noticed, MANY of the students in that class would always tell me i need to speak to a principal or somebody because he's going to far, i kept quiet tho, only walked out of the class once and that was cuz he made me leave, cuz he beganj to verbally attack me as usual so i threw a marker at him.....

all was good tho, after i graduated i happened to work as a pizza maker, and his name just happened to come in on the ticket....i made sure to personally, make that pizza extra special for him.

· Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
all was good tho, after i graduated i happened to work as a pizza maker, and his name just happened to come in on the ticket....i made sure to personally, make that pizza extra special for him.
LMFAO

· Banned
295 Posts
Elementary school teachers are wildly overpaid. Everything they do is planned out by ppl way above them and pretty much anybody could do what they do.

Show up, hand out predetermined work as scheduled and hope no one fights in their classes. Plus they got the whole summer off and like a 100 days off for other holidays and whatnot.

Glorified babysitters imo

· Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
69,238 Posts
^I learned everything they taught us in grades 1-5 in math when I was 4 from my parents. Their level of teaching is ridiculously poor, I swear the majority of the children take nothing out of it.

· Houston, We Have A Problem.
5,504 Posts
^I learned everything they taught us in grades 1-5 in math when I was 4 from my parents. Their level of teaching is ridiculously poor, I swear the majority of the children take nothing out of it.

Haven't heard of common core, have you? As someone who is studying to become a teacher (actually just 1 year away), common core takes care of that. Also to the person earlier saying all teachers are terrible, you must have failed, didn't you?

· Banned
1,408 Posts
The problem is political correctness who thinks kids can't be held back, it hurts their feelings.
Political Correctness is ruining America in general.

Anyway, teachers do have one heck of a job in front of them. Not only must they prepare lesson plans and make sure the students are comprehending the material, but they must deal with disrespectful students who couldn't care less if they learned or not. Also, they deal with the parents of troubled students, who come in with attitudes themselves. I remember being in middle school and seeing this one kids (who couldn't stay out of trouble) mother come to school raising hell like like someone had stole something from her. That is where the true problem lies. At home, is where the children should be taught respect and how to conduct themselves.

That is just my two cents worth.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.