Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I don't frequent this corner of the forum much because, well, I don't have much reason to really, but this one thing which MANY people on this forum use really annoys me.

It is as you have seen in the title "I could care less", it seems to be an American thing, or at least not an English thing as I have never heard it said by an English person or in real life.

Now rather than making a long, witty and funny post filled with image macros and funny metaphors about how it is incorrect I thought i'd let David Mitchell explain it for me:

Skip to 00:55 if you can't be arsed watching it all.

Why do you Americans say it? It makes no sense at all.

Oh and before its too late, In before someone posting: I could care less about this thread, or words to that effect.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah, I hear you. David Mitchell is awesome. Paul Birchill could've got over with DM as his manager. But I don't think it's America's fault. At least they get "aitch" right; not even William Regal can do that.

Other ones that annoy me are "then" when it should be "than", "would of" instead of "would have", and "a whole nother" (eugh).

·
40,767 Posts
What really pisses me off is when people call a chest of drawers, a chester drawers. Yes, people do this. I think "chester" is capitalized in their minds too.

Actually neither "could care less" nor "Chester drawers" are that big of a deal. Neither make sense, I'd agree.

"Would of/should of" is retarded though. Seriously.

·
Valar Morghulis
7,600 Posts
DON'T TELL ME HOW TO SPEAK, I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

edit: wait what, who the fuck says CHESTER drawers? I have never heard this :|

·
40,767 Posts
Dumbasses say chester drawers. I have clue no as to the origin because I've never cared to find out. Some dumbass somewhere started saying it and other dumbasses followed suit.

·
40,767 Posts
It's probably a Southern US deal. Lots of dumbasses down here. I love The South, but god above we have a shit ton of idiots.

·
40,767 Posts
Same with scissors. Where did I put that pair of scissors? I guess scissors makes more sense than underwear, but what do you do with one scissor? Stab faces is the only thing I can think of.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
I dislike the overuse of 'Irony' too. Now they use it for any situation, even in the place of 'coincidence'.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i could care less about this rant.

trolololololol

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
It annoys me not just when people say 'could care less', but also when they attempt to cover their fucktardedry by saying 'oh, but I'm using it sarcastically' - no you fucking aren't. Just admit you dun fucked up, guy.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I dislike the overuse of 'Irony' too. Now they use it for any situation, even in the place of 'coincidence'.
That one's pretty bad too, as is people using "random" when they actually mean "bizarre/strange/unexpected".

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this is Mitchell's rant really.
Well you can call it whoever's rant really, I could care less (LOLOLOL), it just annoys me in general and it's not like I only started to think it when I saw that clip.

Pretty sure this rant has been done already
Well as I said I don't frequent this part of the forum much so it may well have been, but it doesn't seem to be on the first page.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts