Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, what happened to his character? I used to respect him but now he is an annoying and nervious dude who thinks he is funny. I wonder if he is in the doghouse or something, heck even on Raw they made fun of Sami.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Re: I cant stand this new Sami Zayn..

He was definitely booked better on Raw but he doesn't bother me. I think it's quite quirky and it passes.
I'm not disappointed by their choice to push Jinder but Sami should be next for sure.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts

Apparently he is getting ribbed because he talks really fast backstage. So they made that his onscreen character.

Ironically it is just showing he is a really good talker since not many guys can speak that fast and that well without fucking up.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts

Apparently he is getting ribbed because he talks really fast backstage. So they made that his onscreen character.

Ironically it is just showing he is a really good talker since not many guys can speak that fast and that well without fucking up.
Right? You can tell the WWE is trying to rib the guy but dude is actually nailing his role. I, for one, can't see Sami Zayn acting any other way. He just looks like the kind of guy to try and have a team break before a match, the kind of guy to brown nose the authority figure who admires Sami's tenacity but is annoyed at his persistence and how he can never stfu :lmao

Ultimately, I think its going to resonate better with the casual fans and the viewers, resulting in him getting over. Oddly enough, they're booking Bayley's character to perfection on another performer :lol

·
Registered
7,143 Posts

People here are going to be so pissed when he eventually becomes WWE Champion from out of nowhere :lol

·
Banned
6,709 Posts

He is one of those stars who is more over with the mask on, not off. Bring back the mask and make him famous. What the fuck is the big deal with this company not realizing what works and what doesn't?

·
Registered
24,907 Posts

They're finally giving him more character beyond " I just want to wrestle" while I do think he's great in that role I don't see the problem in adding some quirks to the guy who's clearly a quirky counterculture type guy

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts

He will be champion within a year and the band wagoners will be tripping and falling over themselves to say they've loved him all along. The guy refuses to be buried. No matter how silly of a gimmick they give him and he pulls it off. Now how matter how many times he loses the crowd is still humming his song.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts

He is one of those stars who is more over with the mask on, not off. Bring back the mask and make him famous. What the fuck is the big deal with this company not realizing what works and what doesn't?
If it's not Vince's idea, it's a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts

Interesting. Everyone wanted him on SD since the draft last year. Said he'd be used better and be given more of a chance. Doesn't seem like much has changed for him compared to his days on Raw. :shrug

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts

I kind of miss the mask. He just seemed cooler with it, and I'd like it well more than the cabbie style hat. But I am coming around on him anyway. His mic work and dedication is becoming more appealing to me over time.

My main quibble left is the hopping. But that is probably too ingrained in his WWE image to change much.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts

I don't see any difference between him on RAW than him on Smackdown. He's becoming a lovable loser. I liken his role with the company to that of Mick Foley's first couple years in the WWE.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts

Sami isn't over.

His theme song is.

Sami is a jobber for life-uhh.

:trips2

1 - 20 of 41 Posts