Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA's Hulk Hogan is planning his next career move outside of the wrestling industry - he wants to be "the new Billy Mays" and become the best TV pitchman around. Mays was the king of infomercials before his unfortunate death last year, pitching everything from Oxyclean cleanser to Mighty Putty adhesive putty.

According to RadarOnline.com, Hogan recently linked up with fellow reality star and infomercial king, Kevin Harrington, to promote his latest product, pumMax – a biodegradable pumice-based hand cleanser. But that's just the beginning, as Hogan's lawyer David Houston tells Daily Radar.

“Terry brings decades’ worth of charisma and credibility to the marketplace," Houston said. “I think it’s more of a continuation as opposed to a new beginning" - referring to Hogan's previous experience as a product pitchman. Over the years, Hogan has promoted many products, having done classic commercials for Honey Nut Cheerios, Right Guard deodorant, Arbys and more. (View here).

"Billy [Mays'] unfortunate passing kind of left a hole. We all agree that he certainly has some big shoes to fill as far as Billy Mays is concerned, but I don’t think that any of us doubt that he has the ability to do it."

“He went into a semi-retirement at one point, but after the divorce and settlement of personal injury litigation he’s putting his career back on track."

all i can say to this is..... ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
Actually Hogan is better off doing infomercials
I couldn't agree more Hulks career is over with i appreciate every thing hes done for the wrestling business but its time to move on if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan there wouldn't be wrestling today if it wasn't for him. HULKAMANIA Still rules!

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
To be Honest That is a great Idea. He is like the American poster boy. And Clearly he was brought in to TNA just to be a Poster boy. He did nothing what so ever for them. And his contract wont be renewed at the end of this year.

I think he should do the infomercials. Otherwise he would have been trying to get a back stage position hard. but clearly no one wants that to happen.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
I think it's a great idea for the guy. He's a natural at stuff like that and I bet he'll be very successful.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I think he should get Mean Gene and just cut promos on products..

YOU KNOW SOMETHIN MEAN GENE THIS OXI CLEAN CLEANED RIC FLAIRS BLOOD RIGHT OFF MY BOOTS. ITS THE GREATEST CLEANER OUT THERE AND ALL THE CLEANAMANIACS OUT THERE NEED TO GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF SOME OF THIS SHIT

I think Macho Man would be even better.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Good idea

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. Much rather see Hogan shill random products than continue with TNA come October.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I thought Hogan&Bichoff's contracts ended in Dec.!?,I guess many will get ready to make a parade of there leaving in just 3 months!(Even though Bichoff has said that he would like to stay longer,I woulden't mind much either IF it's just Bichoff without Hogan).

I wish Hogan luck!,I think he'll be great at that.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts