Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Edge being the final man on Team Smackdown and Kane retaining the World Heavyweight Championship, I can see the two feuding over the next few months. I can already guess that Edge will challenge for the title at Survivor Series, win (but by DQ or count out), then win the world title at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs.

Thoughts??

·
Shocking the Shockmaster
4,558 Posts
Very possible, sadly I almost see them giving Show a shot at the title. I'd rather Edge, plus he seems to be the most over out of all the babyfaces on SD! at the moment.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm not happy with babyface Edge, but yeah, he's probably Kane's next opponent. They could produce some quality feud, I just hope they don't screw it like they screwed Edge/Jericho and Edge/Orton.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Obviously Edge deserves the title shot.

I just hope they don't drop Edge's crusade against stupidity yet. If not, all we've got is SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR!, which is almost as redundant as RKO! RKO! RKO!

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Yeh I also expect Edge to be the next challanger for the World Title at Survivor Series, and hopefully he wins it on that PPV because I absolutely HATE Kane as champion.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
it doesn't matter who the next contender is. they wont beat kane anytime soon. this will just be filler until the undertaker is ready to return. at that point edge or big show may win the title because of the distraction that the undertaker will cause for kane.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,056 Posts
I think it's going to be Big Show. Edge never did finish his fued with Jack Swagger and Big Show as far as I know isn't in a fued himself. Seems only right. Plus I can see Big Show being a bigger threat to Kane then Edge as well

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I think it's going to be Big Show. Edge never did finish his fued with Jack Swagger and Big Show as far as I know isn't in a fued himself. Seems only right. Plus I can see Big Show being a bigger threat to Kane then Edge as well
Show is being somewhat comedic right now to promote Knucklehead which doesn't really lend itself to a world title feud, Edge seems like a much better pick. He doesn't need to be a huge threat, the Ultimate Opportunist gimmick, while played down right now, will never entirely go away and I think they should take advantage of it by having him winning Guerrero style. That opens the door for a continuation of the BOD feud while Taker rests his supposedly injured shoulder. That in turn prevents him from being booked too strongly, giving creative for more options when it comes to challengers; nobody would expect the likes of Swagger, Del Rio or a returning Christian to have a realistic chance against a Superman Edge but if he retains a little of the Ultimate Opportunist then they would.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,852 Posts
I'd be cool with an Edge/Kane feud. Here's what I'd like to see:

Kane and Bearer deliver these creepy, ridiculously serious promos about sending everyone to hell, how Kane is the Devil's Favorite Demon, how Undertaker is roasting in hellfire and how Kane wants to steal the souls Undertaker has stolen throughout the decades, engendering an endless, perpetual supply of souls with which Kane can destroy all of his opponents in the future.

Edge comes out and utterly dismantles the promo for being the most stupid thing he's ever heard in his life.

I really think Super Rebuilt, Utterly Demonic and Serious Kane vs. Crusading Against Stupidity Babyface "Reek of Awesomeness" Edge has potential. Edge can needle Kane for thinking he's a demon. You just have to think some guy on the creative team couldn't stop laughing at the promos and segments of the recent Kane-Taker feud, and this would give them an opportunity to poke fun at it while keeping Kane serious and powerful at the same time.

The endgame, however, should be making Kofi Kingston the rising star during The Road to Wrestlemania season. Edge's babyface world championship reign could be sandwiched between now and then, I'm not sure, or it might never happen in any event. Don't know.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
Show is being somewhat comedic right now to promote Knucklehead which doesn't really lend itself to a world title feud, Edge seems like a much better pick. He doesn't need to be a huge threat, the Ultimate Opportunist gimmick, while played down right now, will never entirely go away and I think they should take advantage of it by having him winning Guerrero style. That opens the door for a continuation of the BOD feud while Taker rests his supposedly injured shoulder. That in turn prevents him from being booked too strongly, giving creative for more options when it comes to challengers; nobody would expect the likes of Swagger, Del Rio or a returning Christian to have a realistic chance against a Superman Edge but if he retains a little of the Ultimate Opportunist then they would.
LOL, no, they really wouldn't.

Anyway, it seems like Edge is going to be Kane's next challenger. I hope whoever challenges him takes the title off Kane, because this reign is atrocious beyond belief. It's almost Great Khali level...I'm not kidding. The last thing we need is another Edge reign, though. This is the problem with both brands, the main event scene is so shitty. It's either the same champions as always, or it's total shit. When are we going to get a world champion that's actually entertaining? Jericho is the only one we've had this year and he only held the title for like 2 weeks.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
LOL, no, they really wouldn't.

Anyway, it seems like Edge is going to be Kane's next challenger. I hope whoever challenges him takes the title off Kane, because this reign is atrocious beyond belief. It's almost Great Khali level...I'm not kidding. The last thing we need is another Edge reign, though. This is the problem with both brands, the main event scene is so shitty. It's either the same champions as always, or it's total shit. When are we going to get a world champion that's actually entertaining? Jericho is the only one we've had this year and he only held the title for like 2 weeks.
Yeah yeah, I know, I just had to get Christian's name in there somewhere, despite the fact that I believe Vince would still have him fail to become world champion if he actually shot the world champion (in a No DQ match). Would you rather I'd said Drew MacIntyre as the third option?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts