Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There a very few, and I mean a very few who can seriously work the microphone magnificently in this generation of the WWE and JBL is on the list. But other then that fact, was anyone excited to see JBL return even if was to get humiliated like usual? :D

PS: JBL is one of the best sellers of the Stunner in wrestling history.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
He's the fucking MASTER. I marked like hell to see him, and seeing my 2 favourites in the ring again at the same time when Austin came out = Epic. That segment was a WINNER.

I wish he'd come back on a full time basis in a speaking role, GM or something. Nobody can do it like he can.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Wow, you're easily amused. if a bunny walks in front of you, do you just stare at the bunny? Mesmerized!

·
Banned
438 Posts
JBL is actually great. I can't believe people are trying to call ADR Mexican JBL haha, not even on the same level.

Maybe because they both get out of cars near the side of the ramp LOL.

JBL was one of the best character creations of recent memory. Seeing him tonight only makes me miss him more because he was (probably) just there as a one-off.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JBL is actually great. I can't believe people are trying to call ADR Mexican JBL haha, not even on the same level.
This.

and there you see the difference between del rio and jbl both similar character but one actually gets legit heat and does'nt wink or use catchphrases to get it
and THIS. Only thing Alberto got over JBL is in-ring ability which no one with a brain will try to deny. But everything else? no contest.

He's the fucking MASTER. I marked like hell to see him, and seeing my 2 favourites in the ring again at the same time when Austin came out = Epic. That segment was a WINNER.

I wish he'd come back on a full time basis in a speaking role, GM or something. Nobody can do it like he can.
He needs to get his ass back on commentary so we can listen to him for 2 straight hours.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
So is JBL back for good or was it just a one night thing?
I'm pretty sure it was a one night thing. He said he wanted to return for "one night only."

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
JBL got more heat in those 3 minutes from that dead crowd than Del Rio has his entire WWE career.

·
Registered
919 Posts
JBL is the consummate heel and draws more heat tonight than ADR has his entire career.
He's definition of a great talker, not that rambling nonsense and repeating forced catchphrases you get with Del Rio.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Yes definitely, maybe that's what's going on here? It's pretty clear Lawler is leaving after Wrestlemania. JBL on commentary again would rule.
I don't think so. JBL mentioned he would make an appearance any time his schedule permitted if he was asked to, but he said he wouldn't be returning on a full time basis. This was not too long ago, it was an interview that took place just a few weeks after Alberto Del Rio debuted, because he was one of the things they brought up, with the character similarities and whatnot. I doubt much has changed in that timeframe.

Plus, the fact that Cole is on commentary as the head guy pretty much cancels out another heel. I don't see 2 heels commentating together, even on a 3 man team with one face.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Bradshaw can stay wherever the fuck he was. That way, all the young talent's buttholes will remain safe!

If you think JBL's one of the best of all-time, I got a couple of Roddy Piper and Ted Dibiase videos
I'd like to show you.

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
He was a little off on the mic tonight but still did a great job. You could tell he was rusty.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I was very damn excited to be honest I was more excited for JBL than Austin itself. I really wish JBL came back for another run I really love his mic skills and wrestling skills he always is a good entertainer.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts