Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I really hope this keeps up. I am trying to buy a CM Punk t-shirt from AEW Shop and can't seem to find one (the one that Punk wore in his debut).

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,497 Posts
Looks more like those guys wearing the wwe diva shirts

Saw a dad and his kid out last week dad was wearing an orange cassedy shirt and the kid wore a Darby shirt
Yeah seen plenty of those types of guys wearing stuff like Bella's and AJ merch in the past, seems to just be a general thing. I'll more often than not see Austin shirts still being worn.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I wore my AEW logo t-shirt to the gym Sunday night before All Out.

I'm sexy and ripped as fuck so I have no doubt it convinced everyone in the gym to check out AEW and stay up until 5am watching the PPV themselves...
Same. Hot and handsome here. The other day I took my gorgeous fat ass wife out for a fancy dinner and some 10/10 model lady came up to me and asked me about my shirt. She started rubbing my huge chest (im 6'8 250) so I told her it was my official aew jungle express t-shirt and that it was my favorite shirt. We had a threesome later that night. Fuck yea thank you aew

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
Wrong! Those "same people" are now 40+ and the type of product AEW presents is not appealing to them. Those "same people" are either not watching wrestling anymore or they are taking their kids to WWE events which are family friendly.

I was big into the stuff during the Monday Night Wars as a teenager. It doesn't have the same appeal these days. AEW's product has the most appeal to 16-30 year olds. That, their match styles, and the millenial presentation of a lot of their characters will not appeal to those who were all in back in the 90s!

there is nothing wrong about what i said. you simply didnt under stand. i say they may become interested. the current aew of course not but these people dont watch wrestling anymore because its all trash and not relatable to what society is which is still just as crazy as the 90s if not much worse.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I think Wrestling may blow up again, this is exactly how it happened back in the Nitro days
That would be cool ... I only caught the tail end of the wars due to nitro not being broadcast in my country until near its death knell (I have since gone back and watched it) ... But would love to live through something similar.

·
Premium Member
The King Of Rants
10,797 Posts
Myself and a friend went to an indy show known for the modern indy style a couple of years back now to see one of Jushin Liger's last matches and we saw a few AEW shirts at this event. As others have said, they were all pretty overweight and all thought they were smarter than everyone else. The latter part is something I've noticed online where AEW fans think they are super smart wrestling fans when they're really not.

The highlight was a huge obese guy who dressed in a full Chris Jericho cosplay (Custom AEW World Title included) who was holding court with two other AEW fans (One in a Bullet Club T-Shirt) and loudly talking about how a few months prior at an Eric Bischoff appearance he got into an argument with Eric about why Eric never pushed Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero strong and how it got heated. He thought he was so smart and cool and kept shitting on Bischoff with the same old tropes the internet has been talking about for probably 20 years now which is always indicative to me that the person doesn't know much about the time period.

Anyway, my friend and I tried to stifle our laughter because we were both at the Eric appearance and nothing of the sort ever happened. We made fun of that guy all night and on the way home.

Apart from that I've never seen any AEW shirts in public, I do see the occasional WWE one including a fella who had a Cornette face shirt on about 6 months ago randomly in Sydney station (And just to be fair to our AEW cosplay friend, the Cornette face guy was also morbidly obese)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I’d like to buy one but the logo is too big for my liking. I wish they sold polo ones with the logo the size of a soccer club crest. One Paul Wight wears.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,208 Posts
I’d like to buy one but the logo is too big for my liking. I wish they sold polo ones with the logo the size of a soccer club crest. One Paul Wight wears.
It's not a polo, but it's one of the few that has the smaller logo...

AEW Logo Zip Hoodie

·
Registered
Proud AEW mark
989 Posts
I own 3 AEW tees that I wear regularly because I’m an adult and I don’t really care what people think, and they usually blend in well with my choice of clothing lol. Also despite Chip’s experience with Sydney AEW fans, no I’m not obese lol.

Regardless I’m usually around the inner west suburbs of Sydney and I’ve never had a negative experience. People usually ask me where I got my shirt from.

These are the designs I own:

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
I've got a few AEW shirts in my regular rotation, and almost every time I wear one I run into someone who recognises it and makes a positive comment. Hardly ever happens wearing any WWE stuff- except for one time a scary looking bald guy with huge muscles and tatts (would be cast as a MMA fighter in a movie) stopped me to appreciate my Suplex City tee.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No because Wrestling is for losers in France. That's why im a big pro wrestling fan tho :)

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Myself and a friend went to an indy show known for the modern indy style a couple of years back now to see one of Jushin Liger's last matches and we saw a few AEW shirts at this event. As others have said, they were all pretty overweight and all thought they were smarter than everyone else. The latter part is something I've noticed online where AEW fans think they are super smart wrestling fans when they're really not.
Your in no position to say stuff like this considering your entire gimmick is thinking you know better than everyone on here and that you're a superior booker than Tony Khan with your rinky dink backwater Aussie promotion.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts