Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
17,159 Posts
I don’t know about another boom, but these are certainly exciting times right now. I have never worn a wrestling shirt in public and I never buy merch but I’m considering getting the new CM Punk one.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I think Wrestling may blow up again, this is exactly how it happened back in the Nitro days
A friend of mine who hasjt watched wrestling since Attitude Era turned tv on last night and Dynamite happened to be on ITV4. He was soon messaging me about the Lucha Bros vs Jurassic Express and the cage coming down with the elite and said how much more exciting it seems. I do believe they can bring in more casual viewers it will just take time and word of mouth.

·
Registered
12,541 Posts
A friend of mine who hasjt watched wrestling since Attitude Era turned tv on last night and Dynamite happened to be on ITV4. He was soon messaging me about the Lucha Bros vs Jurassic Express and the cage coming down with the elite and said how much more exciting it seems. I do believe they can bring in more casual viewers it will just take time and word of mouth.

There's millions of casuals that left because the past 20 years have been trash. These same people may become into aew if aew pushes a bit more.

·
Premium Member
No one is ready for Konami
3,507 Posts
Yes I see wrestling shirts all the time in public. I saw an MLW shirt a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I live in canada and I rarely see people that big where I live... they definitely stood out. Seemed out of place, maybe american tourists
I live about 30 miles from Canada and I can assure you there are just as many fat Canadians. Especially July. It's like a cattle drive around all the campgrounds here. I always figured it was so there was a chance for their hometowns to restock on ketchup chips and frenchfries and gravy.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
There's millions of casuals that left because the past 20 years have been trash. These same people may become into aew if aew pushes a bit more.
Wrong! Those "same people" are now 40+ and the type of product AEW presents is not appealing to them. Those "same people" are either not watching wrestling anymore or they are taking their kids to WWE events which are family friendly.

I was big into the stuff during the Monday Night Wars as a teenager. It doesn't have the same appeal these days. AEW's product has the most appeal to 16-30 year olds. That, their match styles, and the millenial presentation of a lot of their characters will not appeal to those who were all in back in the 90s!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts