Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Not Eating Defeat
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He put on a great show last night. He looked like a resilient badass, the sort you'd need Rusev's tank to take out. When on offense, he looked stiff and he looked like he could kill Lesnar. He couldn't have felt great about needing to wait to have his WrestleMania moment but he did and he helped create one of the most historic moments ever. I will proudly get behind him now. I am won over.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
I wouldn't say i have been proven wrong yet but i thought the match and Reigns performance were a lot better than i was expecting.For me last night he showed for the first time that potentially he has the ability and charisma to be a future main player in the business

·
Registered
503 Posts
i agree he made himself look strong and he still needs more work i think but he got creditibility. best ending they could have done with it still remaining believable

·
Banned
1,561 Posts
The Bryan lobby can sleep well now, irrespective of the fact that they created this much uproar for basically nothing, their guy leaves WM as the IC champ and Reigns gives a hell of a main event which the critics parroted for months that he won't be able to do.

It was so hilarious to see people booing Reigns even in the middle of such an epic match which deserved to be thoroughly applauded. Ignorant folks.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Good for you if you're finding something new to be enthusiastic about when watching wrestling, and I say that in the most non-sarcastic way possible.

I'm still not the biggest Reigns fan, but I enjoyed the ME. I thought his aura was tremendous during his entrance and the spinning camera around the fistpump was one of the coolest visuals i've seen at Wrestlemania. His mannerisms and intensity during the match definitely helped make it all work.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nice to see someone not be a bitter smark about Reigns.

He was good in the match. Good selling, strong offence when he got his short bursts. Helped get Brock and Rollins over. Good nights work.

·
Not Eating Defeat
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't like to stubbornly stick to a viewpoint in the face of evidence to the contrary. In this day and age, fans get behind people who have to struggle to achieve their goals. Reigns being so close, only to be denied by Rollins cashing in AFTER taking a beating from Lesnar, that creates sympathy. If it happened to someone else, people would get behind them. It happened to Reigns and I'm getting behind him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LESNAR CARRIED THE ENTIRE MATCH HE PROVED NOTHING
He put up more of a fight than Cena did at Summerslam and I didn't see people bitching about the way Brock beat Cena. Lesnar was suppose to beat the hell out of Reigns. What would you being saying if Reigns did all the offense and made Lesner look like a bitch?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm happy Rollins went away with the title, but I'm also sad that Reigns didn't win. I just want something new, rather than HHH etc wanking off his mates for the last 20 years. I hoped we'd have had this with Bryan last year, but even though Reigns is clearly " Vince's" guy, at least he's fresh.

His match was decent, he looked good. I thought it'd be the shits, but like the OP, was happy to be wrong.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Reigns took the beating like a man, and his laughing while taking it was really good. It showed heart.

Hopefully now that he isn't in the immediate title frame, the haters can judge him fairly, rather than crying because he is taking 'their guys' spot.

·
KO
5,736 Posts
He put on a great show last night. He looked like a resilient badass, the sort you'd need Rusev's tank to take out. When on offense, he looked stiff and he looked like he could kill Lesnar. He couldn't have felt great about needing to wait to have his WrestleMania moment but he did and he helped create one of the most historic moments ever. I will proudly get behind him now. I am won over.
Exactly how I felt. He looked badass, took his beating like a man, was stiff as fuck when he needed to be and in the end, he jobbed to his friend. This is how he starts his road to winning the main event of Wrestlemania 32, and as of right now, I don't see a problem with that, provided he keeps improving until then.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Looking forward to the next Wrestlemania, where ROH fans will once again ruin the matches when they feel their guys should've been given those spots.
You're missing the point though man. The crowd backlash was the best thing to ever happen to Reigns. If it was up to Vince, he would have just put Reigns over Brock clean and coronated him before the crowd could get behind him. Because of the backlash, Vince had Reigns lose in a phenomenal match that made all of the people that booed or resented Reigns respect him. Reigns losing was the best thing to happen to his career. Anyone who is still a hater after last night is not a wrestling fan.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
I loved the match between Reigns/Lesnar. I wish Reigns had been in more offense, but I understand the reasoning of why WWE had him take a passion of Christ beating.

I'm happy the crowd didn't hijack and just responded to the match. There were boo's for him, cheers for Lesnar and a struggle "Let's Go Roman" chant, but they were invested in the match.

I've been a fan of Reigns and he did what he needed to do. He has improved in each PPV showing. He won something even in his defeat last night. He had to endure the backlash, beating and be humbled on the grandest stage of them all. Those who still have an issue with Reigns will probably always will. WM 31 wasn't for them, but if you had an open mind about Reigns, last night was a step in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
15,538 Posts
I thought Reigns looked great last night and a helluva lot better than I expected.

I view it as a situation where one looks better in a losing effort than if he had won. Plus, this creates the potential of the savage, don't give a fuck side of Reigns to come out. Long term, this loss and the performance helps him better than a win. I think he should turn heel but I doubt he will.

And in spite of that, I know people who didn't want him to win will still complain about how he lost. And people will hate him regardless.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Ive been a critic, but i agree. He was really, really good last night. Really loved him shoving the dude in the aisle out of the way.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.