Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am new here, and I like it a lot so far. I do, however, see quite a bit of Miz hate. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me...

I am going to use this thread to defend The Miz. I feel like he has worked harder than anyone else in the company over the last three years. You can see it in every second he spends onscreen. His matches has improved dramatically, he has excelled in every position on the card, and he made the US Title seem important for the first time in five years.

There was nowhere else to go with him other than WWE champ. MitB has fit no one better than Miz since Edge. I think WWE did everything right with him.

Go ahead and flame me to hell for it.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Thanks for that awesome contribution to the forum.

I'm assuming you're disagreeing with me, but you can't make a cogent counterpoint?
LOL sorry always wanted to say that but seriously I think the hate has died down already. I don't like the miz, but I think he will do fine as a champ.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL sorry always wanted to say that but seriously I think the hate has died down already. I don't like the miz, but I think he will do fine as a champ.
All good buddy.

I have just read a lot, especially in the most pathetic moment thread, about how he is unfit to be champion. I just find it funny that that is basically what Cena and Orton said to him every time he butt in to say he was going to cash in the briefcase. I just love how the IWC repeats what the WWE tells them to believe and then acts as if it's original thought.

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
I'd say it's around 70-30 in favour of Miz on here. Don't think he needs much defending.

·
Banned
353 Posts
I like the miz i guess you could say im a mizfit i dunno anyway
i find it funny when people say he cant wrestle
cause its true he cant but thats what wwe wants
and i enjoy him so atm im happy i dont want him
headling wrestlmania for years tbo i like what his doing
on raw we'll just have to wait and see cause his the miz
as his AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

·
RESTINPEACE
1,182 Posts
The Miz is not awesome he is AWFUL he could go down as the worst WWE champ in WWE i just cant stand the guy.

Reactions: IJ

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
First of all, stop spamming the damn thread, people. I've had to delete three posts already.

As for the OP, I agree for the most part. I don't know how you can say he's worked harder than anyone else though. We don't really see just how hard they work unless it's on TV and that really isn't enough to make such a bold statement.

I like that WWE creative are trying to create new stars. Good job to them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all, stop spamming the damn thread, people. I've had to delete three posts already.

As for the OP, I agree for the most part. I don't know how you can say he's worked harder than anyone else though. We don't really see just how hard they work unless it's on TV and that really isn't enough to make such a bold statement.

I like that WWE creative are trying to create new stars. Good job to them.
I guess I am just assuming that he's worked harder based on how much he improved. When he first got to WWE it looked as if he wasn't even taking bumps properly. Now, he's capable of a great 20 minute match (Raw vs. Cena the night after Cena squashed him on PPV as evidence).

So, if we're not going to call him the hardest worker, can we agree to call him the most improved?

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. The guy has improved tremendously. He has room to improve even more and I have no doubt he'll do just that.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I agree Miz has worked hard. He has improved significantly in every aspect of the game since he has debuted. The only thing I don't like about him as champion is I don't feel like it's quite his time yet to hold a world title. Of course he is more deserving than a lot of recent champs so in that sense he is kind of a step up.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
So, I am new here, and I like it a lot so far. I do, however, see quite a bit of Miz hate. That's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me...

I am going to use this thread to defend The Miz. I feel like he has worked harder than anyone else in the company over the last three years. You can see it in every second he spends onscreen. His matches has improved dramatically, he has excelled in every position on the card, and he made the US Title seem important for the first time in five years.

There was nowhere else to go with him other than WWE champ. MitB has fit no one better than Miz since Edge. I think WWE did everything right with him.

Go ahead and flame me to hell for it.
1. Not sure how you can "feel" he has worked harder than anyone else in the company over the last three years. Very ridiculous statement to make and the mention of Cena makes it simply incorrect. I won't go into other potential candidates who may have worked harder too.

2. Miz has done hardly anything with the US Title. It felt much more important back in 2007 when Benoit, MVP and Matt Hardy were actually feuding over it.

3. He indeed has improved a lot since he initially started. He's become a decent mic worker, and a decent in-ring competitor.

4. I don't understand the last comment of MITB fitting Miz better than anyone since Edge. I really don't. It fit RVD and Kennedy perfectly to me. And it fit CM Punk fine too.

5. I don't see a great deal of folks hating on him. So not sure on the whole defending him thing. Most people who have an issue with him are likely comparing him to some champions of the past, and he is honestly pretty crap in comparison to a lot of them. Doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Because in the WWE today, Sheamus has been champion as has Jack Swagger. With that alone, I honestly don't see an issue if Miz is champion. He's essentially the same level as them in terms of overall ability, give or take here and there.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I will always disagree with Miz improving in the ring. I can't recall one great Miz match. Usually it's a decent match. Keep in mind, I like that he won the title but I don't know how anyone says he has improved in the ring. However, I do agree he improved on the mic.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
The improvement in the ring comes from the fact that Miz was absolute shit in that department at one time. He's now competent at least. Pretty huge improvement there. Though he needs to improve a hell of a lot more to be as good as some of our established main event talent.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. Not sure how you can "feel" he has worked harder than anyone else in the company over the last three years. Very ridiculous statement to make and the mention of Cena makes it simply incorrect. I won't go into other potential candidates who may have worked harder too.
I am just basing that assumption on improvement. I didn't present it as fact, merely opinion, for that reason. Look at hsi first couple of months and then look at his recent matches. Drastic improvement.
2. Miz has done hardly anything with the US Title. It felt much more important back in 2007 when Benoit, MVP and Matt Hardy were actually feuding over it.
He didn't do much after MitB, but before that and when he was trying to take it, he made it seem important to him. That is all you have to do to elevate a title, make it seem important to those chasing it.

3. He indeed has improved a lot since he initially started. He's become a decent mic worker, and a decent in-ring competitor.
I think he's better than decent on the mic, but that's a matter of opinion.

4. I don't understand the last comment of MITB fitting Miz better than anyone since Edge. I really don't. It fit RVD and Kennedy perfectly to me. And it fit CM Punk fine too.
I don't think RVD needed it. I kind of agree with you Kennedy, but I would have liked to see that come to fruition, so I will reserve judgment in that situation.

Now, to me, Punk is a different beast. His first win seemed a bit rushed. I didn't think he deserved it at the time. I also have a problem with a face winning it in the scheme of things. I did think they did a hell of a job executing the cash in.

His second reign was unnecessary too. He had already been world champ, and with his gimmick and Jeff Hardy being champ, they could have just done the feud without giving him the contract.

5. I don't see a great deal of folks hating on him. So not sure on the whole defending him thing. Most people who have an issue with him are likely comparing him to some champions of the past, and he is honestly pretty crap in comparison to a lot of them. Doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Because in the WWE today, Sheamus has been champion as has Jack Swagger. With that alone, I honestly don't see an issue if Miz is champion. He's essentially the same level as them in terms of overall ability, give or take here and there.[/QUOTE]

I will always disagree with Miz improving in the ring. I can't recall one great Miz match.
I will always point to the Cena match on Raw. That match had good pacing, a great story, and it was suspenseful. I thought they might put Miz over.

Usually it's a decent match. Keep in mind, I like that he won the title but I don't know how anyone says he has improved in the ring. However, I do agree he improved on the mic.
Matter of opinion. Look at this way. When he and Morrison started teaming, he was almost like a heel Ricky Morton. By the end, you could tell he was on the way up.

The improvement in the ring comes from the fact that Miz was absolute shit in that department at one time. He's now competent at least. Pretty huge improvement there. Though he needs to improve a hell of a lot more to be as good as some of our established main event talent.
I agree with you here. But, if he's shown the willingness to improve as much as he has, don't you think he'll work to finish the job? As long as he doesn't get complacent, I think he'll develop quite a bit more.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I don't buy it that Miz worked harder than most. Because the work he did, to get from awful to okay, is the same work everyone else has to do. People aren't just born good wrestlers. They actually have to work at it. Some more than others, but everybody has to spend years honing their craft. Its just that most do their work in the indies. Miz has made his improvements on TV.

I'm willing to guess, Daniel Bryan wasn't just born knowing how to do the Lebell Lock without hurting someone, or how to backflip off the top turnbuckle and land on his feet. Or that CM Punk didn't just suddenly wake up with the ability to do the GTS without botching and breaking someone's nose. Or that Justin Gabriel didn't just jump off the turnbuckle and do a 450 splash by mistake. Or hell, I'm willing to guess that Kane didn't randomly do the Tombstone without learning how to avoid breaking someone's neck first. And the Miz hasn't put in the work necessary to learn anything as complicated or dangerous (to himself or others) as those things. The Skull Crushing Final is so basic a child could do it.

I give Miz credit for doing the work to improve as much as he has. But I don't believe that makes him special, because everyone has to do the same work he did. Otherwise, we'd see a lot of guys with even less ring skill than him. His natural charisma is his saving grace.

That said, I don't mind Miz as champ. He's entertaining on the mic. You could do worse than him. As long as there's somebody to carry him in the ring, he's in a gimmick match, or he doesn't wrestle much at all, then its fine.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts