Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am afraid because Big Show will be in the RAW WWE Championship Money in the Bank match, and that he will win it. If he wins it it's going to be horrible having a Punk/Show feud, it's gonna be as boring as Henry/Show was the last time he was in a feud for a world title.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Yep, Big Show really throwing his weight around lately. Hope to see him take a Brogue, or tap out to CM punk and be the first MITB winner to lose his cash in.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
You should be more afriad b/c I think there is only going to be one MITB match/case and if you think Show is going ot win he's going to have the ONLY MITB case.

But I think ultimately Show will either be the first to lose when chasing in or will win the title and lose it back to whichever champ (Punk or Sheamus) at the next PPV in a way to put over that face.

Show won't have to compete in MITB. He will bypass all that. I fear this upcoming Punk/Show feud will be as bad or maybe worse than the 2010 version.
I do have this fear as well that a Punk/Show feud could be awful. If they are goign this route the WWE needs to let Punk cut loose on the mic (face or not) on Show.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
I've been thinking about this too. Maybe they'll give Big Show one more run with the belt. He's coming near to retirement age anyway and I could see WWE giving him one last charity reign run, even if it's not long. Show's booking recently means he'll be above other mid-carders who will be in the match, and I do think there's a possibility Show could win it. WWE's mentality always seems to be pushing the same old guys, never pushing new talent, so that's something to think about. The thought of Show winning the MITB over a potential Ziggler, Rhodes, or a returning Barrett, makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Good point. MITB is usually won by young talents, but remember guys like Kane won it before. With Big Show's recent push and how strong he'll look in the match from a booking standpoint, he has a good chance in my opinion.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Here's a nightmare scenario. Show wins MITB for Raw. Cena gets a win over Punk at Summerslam and taking the title from Punk. NOTC Show vs Cena again with the title on the line. Heh. It's so bad I can actually picture it happening in my head.

Reactions: A-C-P

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The MITB should be won by wrestlers who rarely if ever get a World Title shot, like Kingston.

They're building up so few wrestlers and at the same time giving them a title opportunity they didn't need.
ADR didn't need the briefcase last year.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Here's a nightmare scenario. Show wins MITB for Raw. Cena gets a win over Punk at Summerslam and taking the title from Punk. NOTC Show vs Cena again with the title on the line. Heh. It's so bad I can actually picture it happening in my head.
Yep, and then Vince will continue to wonder why he can't build new stars

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You should be more afriad b/c I think there is only going to be one MITB match/case and if you think Show is going ot win he's going to have the ONLY MITB case.

But I think ultimately Show will either be the first to lose when chasing in or will win the title and lose it back to whichever champ (Punk or Sheamus) at the next PPV in a way to put over that face.

I do have this fear as well that a Punk/Show feud could be awful. If they are goign this route the WWE needs to let Punk cut loose on the mic (face or not) on Show.
What do you mean by cut loose on the mic on Show? What would he say, Big Show is fat? Or maybe you mean he will take his usual easy way out by shooting on him?

Just kidding, but seriously this feud does have potential. It's weird that about two years ago Punk would of had no chance in hell. Now, in 2012 this feud would have both guys evenly matched in everything but size. They will make it work if it does actually happen. CM Punk is not an underdog anymore and because of that, this feud should be pretty good. Either one of the guys could beat the other on any given night. Also, heel or face, Big Show is no pushover on the mic. I don't know where people get that idea.

You know who I really hope Punk doesn't feud with this summer? John Cena. Seriously, the fact that CM Punk has become everything that he acted like he hated is hilarious. If he tries to play the rebel role with Cena again, John is going to have a field day on the mic.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
If the feud does happen Cena's walking away with the title, i wouldn't have a problem with that.

I can't see anyone that could be a good choose to win the MITB.
Rhodes isn't ready and if you want to put a belt on Ziggler put em in another title match.

MITB damn sure won't be "must see" this year.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
It would fit perfectly into Shows career to be the first failed cash in. That being said, he's still the worst possible MITB winner.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Don't be too afraid. Everyone else'll just attack him with ladders until he stays outside of the ri- Crap, while they're fighting over it, he'll just knock them out, then take a few steps up and- Wait! If he tries to step up the ladder, the rungs will break... I think we're okay.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I've been thinking about this too. Maybe they'll give Big Show one more run with the belt. He's coming near to retirement age anyway and I could see WWE giving him one last charity reign run, even if it's not long. Show's booking recently means he'll be above other mid-carders who will be in the match, and I do think there's a possibility Show could win it. WWE's mentality always seems to be pushing the same old guys, never pushing new talent, so that's something to think about. The thought of Show winning the MITB over a potential Ziggler, Rhodes, or a returning Barrett, makes me sick to my stomach.
I'm all for charity runs, but Show already had a charity run with the IC title - being the only championship he was viable for that he hadn't had.

He doesn't need the WWE title, but he did need the IC.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts