Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just thinking about this. This man will go down as the most overrated professional wrestler of all time. The WWE will make him a fist ballot hall of famer and when he goes up to give his speech. The fans will boo his ass the entire time. I know that will happen. And John Cena will try his best to play it off as he expects it to be. But deep down inside, for people to boo you at your Hall of Fame ceremony, that tells you how overrated you really are.

For someone like Cena who loves to brush off the negativity. He only does it because he is the top guy and the WWE people behind the scenes keep telling him that he is the reason why people go to Raw.

But the fact of the matter is that people go to watch Monday Night raw for many reason. Some go because it's just tradition. Some go because they are in town and it's rare to see an event live. They could care less who is on the card. And many go to see their favorite wrestlers. Not all are John Cena fans.

So, Cena will always have to carry this burden and argue with many fans after he retires. Fans will always rag on him and he will never hear the end of it.

And I read a post on here where they basically broke down the reason why we will never see a Cena heel turn. It's not because Vince doesnt want to lose money. Because Like I said, he will gain money regardless. Cena's make a wish foundation is a big part of that. He would be letting all of those kids down who look up to him. That is pure garbage too because the WWE makes him the spotlight guy to go to every charitable event it holds.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I like Troll Cena.

·
Registered
306 Posts
At any point in his career so far, Cena could actually grow a pair and say no to the way he is being pushed and the marketing bitch he has become. Instead he sells us the same shit over and over happy to remain "the man" and cashing the big man cheque. He is the true epitome of a corporate champion and CM Punk, as much as I believe his shoot promo was majority scripted, hit the nail on the head when he said the only thing Cena is best at is kissing McMahon ass. I let myself feel sorry for Cena when he was booed at the end of Wrestlemaina 22. SIX MORE mania events later and believe me I do not feel sorry any more.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
On one hand Cena has all these older fans who don't like him, and on the other he has all these kids who will grow up with him as their hero. They are the wrestling fans of tomorrow. If he turned heel they would all hate him too, and there is no guarantee the older fans could get behind him like they would. I don't exactly feel sorry for him but i don't envy his position, in terms of wrestling stature anyway. There's always prices to pay when you sell your body and image out to a company and viewing public.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Love how Eve has this sexy librarian look going on, love the glasses. Anyways, can't feel sorry for the guy, and I doubt he would get booed at a HOF ceremony, the dude was in the smarkiest of cities and gave a speech that had some in tears.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was just thinking about this. This man will go down as the most overrated professional wrestler of all time. The WWE will make him a fist ballot hall of famer and when he goes up to give his speech. The fans will boo his ass the entire time. I know that will happen. And John Cena will try his best to play it off as he expects it to be. But deep down inside, for people to boo you at your Hall of Fame ceremony, that tells you how overrated you really are.

For someone like Cena who loves to brush off the negativity. He only does it because he is the top guy and the WWE people behind the scenes keep telling him that he is the reason why people go to Raw.

But the fact of the matter is that people go to watch Monday Night raw for many reason. Some go because it's just tradition. Some go because they are in town and it's rare to see an event live. They could care less who is on the card. And many go to see their favorite wrestlers. Not all are John Cena fans.

So, Cena will always have to carry this burden and argue with many fans after he retires. Fans will always rag on him and he will never hear the end of it.

And I read a post on here where they basically broke down the reason why we will never see a Cena heel turn. It's not because Vince doesnt want to lose money. Because Like I said, he will gain money regardless. Cena's make a wish foundation is a big part of that. He would be letting all of those kids down who look up to him. That is pure garbage too because the WWE makes him the spotlight guy to go to every charitable event it holds.
You feel bad because he helps raise money for dying kids and will go into the WWE Hall of Fame? :rolleyes:

I wonder what level of fuckness would have shown itself if the internet had existed as it currently does whenever Hogan and Warrior were around.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You shouldn't really feel bad for him. I mean sure, people are going to hate him and boo him, but in all honesty, I just don't think Cena actually cares about those that boos him and I don't blame him. He's living his dream, makes good money for himself, and for the WWE (not as much nowadays as it used to, but still profits well), and does great charity work.

If someone asks you if you would want that lifestyle and that someone says that they can guarantee it, at the risk of being booed by a vocal demographic, would you take it?

·
Banned
914 Posts
You could say the same thing about Hogan. When the Little Jimmies eventually grow up, they would look back fondly on all those great "memories" Cena had given them on their childhood just like some people here secretly get nostalgic when they hear a Backstreet Boys record but would act like they had always listened to 2pac, Biggie, Nas, Metallica, Nirvana, Linkin Park etc...even when before they hit puberty.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
You could say the same thing about Hogan. When the Little Jimmies eventually grow up, they would look back fondly on all those great "memories" Cena had given them on their childhood just like some people here secretly get nostalgic when they hear a Backstreet Boys record but would act like they had always listened to 2pac, Biggie, Nas, Metallica, Nirvana, Linkin Park etc...even when before they hit puberty.
Actually i grew up on 2 pac, biggie and nas and trust me the people who listen to those guys never listened to some damn backstreet boys. :no:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't feel sorry for him.

Dude has every chance to change his character and he never took it, what happens to him happens.

I know he wants to do it for the Little Jimmies, but being the face of the company for a good 5+ years, he needs to step back.

Maybe not change his character, but let someone else take the reins. He averages 53 matches a year, and is usually headlining every PPV.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Yes, you are absolutely right. If he never turns heel, I've actually made it a plan to attend his Hall of Fame induction ceremony ONLY to boo him. So yeah, his awful character speaks volumes and I refuse to feel sorry for him one bit. He should grow some balls and tell Vince to change it. If he wants to be that pussy who can't take a risk, then fuck him. I actually enjoy it every time he looks sad when he's booed. He shows those who boo him no respect by completely disregarding them, so it's only fitting that he gets it the worst way possible.

There needs to be a facebook group called "I will attend John Cena's Hall of Fame ceremony just so I can boo him". But if he turns heel, all of this will be avoided!

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Not sure he would mind being booed at his hall of fame ceremony. I'd expect him to get a mixed reaction, which would go well reflecting his career.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts