Wrestling Forum banner

Hypothetically, all of WWE's fans switch to TNA and WWE almost goes bankrupt...

2103 20
...what would the McMahons do to regain their fanbase and not go bankrupt?
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
You're a mong.
5,953 Posts
Hypothetically, what would happen if my arms swapped places with my legs?

Whilst hilarious, it isn't going to happen. There is your answer. My imagination can only be stretched so far, and although a Star Wars universe may happen in a thousand years time, I cannot comprehend your question.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Vinman McMannequin generally runs faster when there's competition breathing down his neck. WCW in the mid 90's, they had their 82 (or 83) week streak going ahead of the WWF in the ratings, but Vince ended that battle with a 110+ week victory (if you want to call it that, I mean he did buy them out for a various amount of reasons). In any case, hypothetically speaking, he would revamp the product but personally, I think he's giving the fans a bit of everything thus far this year. He's got the youth movement, he has the vets back (even in limited roles), he's got a great mind for the business and the best in the history of this sport, so I wouldn't go as far as to say he would be facing bankruptcy, but we know what happened the last time that happened...and that's the bottom line! If you smell what I'm cooking'!

·
Premium Member
86,249 Posts
There's really not enough information given by the OP to really give a proper answer... for instance, why did all the fans stop watching Raw for TNA. We need to know these types of things to give an answer.

But, as wise men say, if you take all the money away from a billionaire it would not take that person long to become a billionaire again simply because he already knows how to do it.

Vince is the same way. He would just do what he knows how to do. But without the proper information in this hypothetical it's nearly impossible to even discuss.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
They would buy TNA.

Then they would have Triple H, John Cena and the Undertaker bury everyone who left (because I just don't see these guys going to TNA). And bury Christian, even if he didn't leave...just because Mcmahon doesn't like him.

Joking aside, I have to say I agree with the guy above. Much like us, I'm pretty sure Vince would try and figure out why the fans left and stopped watching, figure out what made TNA's fanbase increase exponentially, and then do it better.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
If TNA went PG and got all the kids on board then WWE would go in the other direction, like TNA is trying to now, and he'd appeal to 18-35 range, so it would be more like the attitude era, but not quite the same obviously because they'd want to drop alot of the more extreme aspects. This would be a reluctant change by McMahon due to it effecting the deal with Mattel. I think he would bring in a lot of indie talent, you just have to look at what he did in the late 90s, the likes of the Dudleys, Al Snow and Jericho coming in with international talent like Taka and Funaki. I could see him trying to cross appeal with UFC fans as well, I don't get why WWE isn't doing all they can to get UFC guys to make the crossover once they're at their peak. Ken Shamrock was great in WWE and if you could get a few really popular fighters to train as wrestlers you could grab the attention of alot of their viewers.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think they would start again from the bottom, bring in the best talent around and start putting out an awesome product. This would lead to them developing a very loyal fanbase and they would be widely thought of as having the best talent there is to offer and this would go on for a few years. Then (and this is the genius part) they would wait patiently in the shadows for TNA to slip up and release their best talent and then the E would immediately sign them(usually under a new name). They would then procede to put these "stars" over their "spot monkeys" while subsequently pissing off a large part of their fanbase. I know what you're thinking. Why would they do that? Well don't worry it's simple. You see these stars with their amazing talent make up for their pay packets with their massive drawing power and the E would be on top once again. But whats that? They're doing WORSE than they were before because they "just had to compete with TNA". I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Either this or they would just re-hire Vince Russo. He's the man!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
They'd do like they've always done. Lick their wounds and come back stronger like the conniving and dangerous wolf they are.
This. WWE just work, that's what they do.

They lost in the ratings to Nitro for 84 weeks and still came back to win the war. As hugely hugely improbable your idea sounds (there will ALWAYS be Wrestling/WWE loyalists who tune in regardless of quality, myself probably included), even if it did happen, I'd expect WWE to fight back and win.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
All of WWE's fans? They'd just give up. If All if your fans stop watching and you draw a 0.0 with 0 viewers next week Vince would call it quits and sell up instantly.

That's before realising that this situation would never happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.