Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Allow me to beg your indulgence for a moment.

This was one of the most memorable images of the Attitude Era:

What would have happened if someone backstage (say, a pissed off small-time promoter who was swallowed up by McMahon when he nationalised wrestling) replaced the fake gun with a real, loaded gun? All of a sudden you have millions of people watching Vince McMahon have his head blown off on live TV.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It probably had a completely different weight than a real gun. I would assume Austin owns a hand gun or two and would know the difference between real and fake.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
lmao that's a level in Hitman: Bloody Money. You switch a prop gun with a real gun in a play so that the actor kills the other one.

·
Registered
784 Posts
A bunch of people would have Sen Vince die on TV. There would be investigations arrests and that might mean the end of WWE. AE loses its greatest heel and what not. Austin's antics toned down a leaderless company in mourning ...

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Something similar to this happened to Brandon Lee. In his case it was a tragic accident while filming The Crow.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Allow me to beg your indulgence for a moment.

This was one of the most memorable images of the Attitude Era:

What would have happened if someone backstage (say, a pissed off small-time promoter who was swallowed up by McMahon when he nationalised wrestling) replaced the fake gun with a real, loaded gun? All of a sudden you have millions of people watching Vince McMahon have his head blown off on live TV.
i remember watching this live. and your post made me legit LOL hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Something similar to this happened to Brandon Lee. In his case it was a tragic accident while filming The Crow.
Eh, Brandon Lee wasn't exactly the same thing. They were using an actual gun, and though it was loaded with blanks when he was killed, there was a fragment of a live round jammed in the barrel. When the blank was discharged, it had enough force to propel the live round from the barrel and puncture his chest. I would define Lee's death as a tragic safety oversight, while Vince's death here would have just been sheer stupidity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts