Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hypothetical question about Roman Reigns and WWE...

What if Roman Reigns, after becoming the new face of the company and being multi-time world champion just quit WWE after 3-4 years for whatever reason: to continue his career in Hollywood, because he has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, doesn't want to get beat up too much and get hurt any more or quits because he is just tired and wants to spend more time with his family etc.

Do you think WWE would learn on their mistakes (with Reigns and before with Lesnar or Goldberg) and finally choose true professional wrestlers who live and breathe this business to be the top Superstars even if they aren't that big and "marketable", or they would still put former football players, bodybuilders etc. on top even if they don't love the wrestling business and there is a big chance they will quit after few years just because they have the look, are marketable and therefore have potential to bring in casual viewers?

Do you think this hypothetical situation would change Vince's opinion on who should be the "face of the company"?

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,871 Posts
WWE? Vince? Learn? I'd like some of what you're smoking.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
:lmao

·
Registered
275 Posts
No, in WWE, it's ok for a guy to become immensely popular and then leave. It's actually better that way so we're not stuck with the same fucking guy for 10 years. (Cena)

Subconsciously Vince will choose guys that he knows don't live and breathe the business, because those are usually the guys that have the "it" factor and actually make WWE credible and cool. It's all about marketability. Dolph lives the business, but he's just not very marketable. He looks good but lacks a certain it factor intangible and people just aren't that interested.

Roman isn't the wrong choice because he may not breathe the business, he's the wrong choice because he doesn't have any talent or abilities in or out of the ring. He lacks charisma and likeability. He lacks the it factor. He lacks the talent. He lacks everything that made Rock successful.

Roman isn't intelligent or talented enough to go somewhere else. Guys like the Rock and Lesnar are above WWE. Roman is actually beneath it. He can't even succeed in WWE and do his job enough to get over with fans even though he's being booked as the next top guy. If he had talent and could talk and be funny or likeable, then people would cheer him. But he's retarded and talentless so people catch on and realize that he sucks dick.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
Vince's opinions changing at this point in his life?

Quite simply put:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.