Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Triple_H_Pushing_the_Tag_Team_Division_Again_PG_Product_Paying_Off_for_WWE_Cena_s_Return.html

- The current plan is for John Cena to return to WWE TV for the October 28th RAW, the night after Hell In a Cell. WWE wants his first appearance back to be on the pay-per-view as opposed to putting him on the go-home show to build his World Heavyweight Title match against Alberto Del Rio.

- In 2008, WWE's total revenue from corporate sponsorships was $7.4 million. Now, after 5 years of pushing their PG product publicly and promising sponsors that there would be no more risque TV, the number is expected to hit $20 million this year.

- Triple H has once again sent the directive to re-focus on the WWE tag team division. The plan as he laid it out was to first get some teams ready in NXT to bring to the main roster, as well as take some talented guys on the main roster who officials recognize are underutilized and try and get them going as a tag team. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel might be re-emerged as a tag team.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Re: Hunter Wants To Push Tag Team Division More + PG Product Paying Off for WWE + Ce

Triple H has once again sent the directive to re- focus on the WWE tag team division. The plan as he laid it out was to first get some teams ready in NXT to bring to the main roster, as well as take some talented guys on the main roster who officials recognize are underutilized and try and get them going as a tag team. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel might be re-emerged as a tag team.
Good to hear it.Tag team matches are always exciting to watch

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Re: Hunter Wants To Push Tag Team Division More + PG Product Paying Off for WWE + Ce

Honestly, the Tyson Kidd/Gabriel thing is boring, it's been done, it was boring then, it'll be boring now.

Those two guys are great performers and workers, they deserve better, that said, I like the idea of bringing in new Tag Teams, but you can bet they won't look anything special, they need to bring teams in with impact, like Legion Of Doom and Demolition for example, look how great these guys looked :

Now look at these ....

Boring .... of course, this ain't the fault of Kidd and Gabriel, it's just WWE don't even bother packaging them really, it's just like 'You two go together for a bit, bye' .. no impact, and they wonder why the Tag Team Division is not overly cared for.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Wrestling 1

·
Banned
213 Posts

We need more good teams. From the current teams I like PTP, Real Americans and Los Matadores the other is jobber boring.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts

Bring The Ascension and Graves/Neville up from NXT.

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts

They are making the right move by having Cena's return saved for the PPV. Young girls and children = BUYS.

I like the tag team division lately. It seems like with The Shield being involved with the main storyline though, it was sort of pointless to have all these tag teams with no real feuds for the belts. I am happy the Titles are off of The Shield though. Even if they continue to be body guard type guys for Corporate, the tag titles can add to a different part of the show, rather than the top storyline. Hopefully Rhodes/Goldust feud with people outside of the main storyline.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts

It seems that HHH has been pushing for more focus on the tag team division for a while now, hopefully it begins to take shape. There are already some good teams on the roster for eg. The Shield, PTP's and the Real Americans, bringing up some more from NXT should improve it further.

·
Butter My Arse
11,762 Posts

Isn't this like the third time inside a year that Hunter has said he wants to push the tag team division? I admire his intentions but again, I'll believe it when I see it.

It's all good having a shitload of tag teams on the roster, but it's another thing to actually book them correctly. 3MB and Tons Of Funk are practically jobbers who will never escape, and teams like Prime Time Players and Real Americans are booked strongly one week, then they lose to a joke ass team like Santino and Khali the next. As of now, only The Shield and The Rhodes Family are made to look strong, with Harper and Rowan not being in a relevant program ever since they started. Ditto Los Matadores.

Stop the senseless booking and give each team a purpose, then there will be some actual competition again.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts

- Triple H has once again sent the directive to re-focus on the WWE tag team division. The plan as he laid it out was to first get some teams ready in NXT to bring to the main roster, as well as take some talented guys on the main roster who officials recognize are underutilized and try and get them going as a tag team. Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel might be re-emerged as a tag team.
:yes:yes:yes

·
Banned
859 Posts

Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel are surely gonna make up for a exciting tag team

·
Banned
13,409 Posts

PG sucks, huh?

·
Banned
483 Posts

I miss brain kendric and paul london

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
lol, people say PG is killing WWE, yet it's bringing in more money than 14+ did(post-attitude era)
Who cares about the money from sponsors, wwe PPV buy rates are way down and they put on a shitty product but they don't care it's just about tha money

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 63 Posts