Wrestling Forum banner

Hunico appreciation thread

3215 Views 42 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  pushJTG
Well this guy is awesome. That's all.

Always solid in ring, almost never botches and has lots of charisma (not mic skills, but the way he acts etc - top notch and superstar like).

Considering they want to expand to Mexican market, why can't they push him. Let's say to IC title level. Feud with Christian will guarantee great matches. And they had so much problems with other Mexican guys, Rey is always injured, Del Rio wants to leave and Sin Cara had share of his problems.

Hunico can be the face of Mexicans in WWE. (Y)
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Hunico is great and I would like him to be a heel luchadore, either with or without a mask. I would also like to see him become Sin Caras arch enemy like Berot and Rey.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I admit. I'm a massive Sin Cara mark, but after his awful performance at MITB I'm beginning to see through his hype. I still want to like him- but its becoming increasingly hard to do so.

Everything I've seen from Hunico has been great so far. Never seen him work the mic or anything to showcase his charisma, but his a damn good worker and looks like a star.

Atleast try him WWE, you never know.

· Registered
512 Posts
The part with Hunico and Epico was the highlight of that tagteam-match. Hunico needs to be pushed. I've read that most of the writers are really high on him, so maybe that's something that will happen in the future.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
"Almost never botches" - Typical stuff that a fan would say. Disgusting.

Anyways, yes, I like him a lot. He is a very good wrestler and he fits into the WWE style much better than Sin Cara does.

· FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
15,398 Posts
Hunico is one of those 'not used right' guys. Ani if used right, he could be a decent midcard champion to start with. He's not bad on the mic, either. And they also need to revamp his gimmick.

· Premium Member
19,184 Posts
I agree OP. He's a great wrestler who can adapt to many different styles in the ring, such as a full-on high-flying when he was the imposter to Sin Cara, to his more ground and technical based he has now with a few high-flying moves thrown in. He's can work the WWE style of wrestling perfectly, unlike Sin Cara, and he is one of the most underrated talents on the roster. He can also speak English, unlike Sin Cara, so he can actually cut promos and compete properly in feuds. His mic skills aren't that bad, and with good material I think he could do well. He actually has a gimmick unlike most superstars in his position. Like his stereotypical gimmick or not, it's a gimmick nonetheless, and it has the potential to get good heat and have good marketability, but WWE does nothing with it...

I'd love to see Hunico get a little push, perhaps have hold a mid-card title, but I don't see that happening considering they didn't push him at all when Mysterio and Cara were out with injures when they really could of for the Mexican market. So because of that, I don't think WWE cares about him at all. He's like the heel version of Tyson Kidd, great worker but will always remain in a undercard/jobber position.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
I agree OP. He's a great wrestler who can adapt to many different styles in the ring, such as a full-on high-flying when he was the imposter to Sin Cara, to his more ground and technical based he has now with a few high-flying moves thrown in. He's can work the WWE style of wrestling perfectly, unlike Sin Cara, and he is one of the most underrated talents on the roster. He can also speak English, unlike Sin Cara, so he can actually cut promos and compete properly in feuds. His mic skills aren't that bad, and with good material I think he could do well. He actually has a gimmick unlike most superstars in his position. Like his stereotypical gimmick or not, it's a gimmick nonetheless, and it has the potential to get good heat and have good marketability, but WWE does nothing with it...

I'd love to see Hunico get a little push, perhaps have hold a mid-card title, but I don't see that happening considering they didn't push him at all when Mysterio and Cara were out with injures when they really could of for the Mexican market. So because of that, I don't think WWE cares about him at all. He's like the heel version of Tyson Kidd, great worker but will always remain in a undercard/jobber position.
So much truth right here.

Him being an US champ (with a bit of depth to his gimmick) would be great.
Having in mind that Vince is supposedly high on him, I don't get why this wouldn't happen.

Reactions: Nostalgia

· Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Hunico is one of my favs in wwe.The guys is one of the best workers in the company and its a shame he is mostly found on superstars.He has had some of the best matches of the year.He has a impressive moveset as well.I love the fact that one match he can be technical then then next he can be a high flyer.so much depth to his game. A singles title is long overdue.

· Rescued by Camacho
412 Posts
It's about time people start appreciating his talent, he has been putting on great matches all year he even managed to get a good match out of big zeke. It's upsetting to see the position he is currently in.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
I like Hunico and a hell of a lot more than i do Sin Cara who after you've seen one of his WWE matches you've basically seen them all. The problem Hunico has is SmackDown being overloaded with mid card heels like Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Drew McIntyre and Antonio Cesaro whilst the whole Raw Supershow thing means Raw mid carders end up on SmackDown most weeks as well. Hopefully once Cody Rhodes makes his inevitable main event run sooner rather than later it will allow Hunico to move up the card into a cemented mid card spot and proper feuds to showcase his talents.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
I've been a big fan of Hunico for some time now and think Camacho is pretty decent in his own right as well. Both of them are constantly improving and I'm hoping they'll get rewarded for their efforts in due time with either a tag title reign or a US/IC title reign for Hunico.

· Registered
10,918 Posts
It's hard to take any heel seriously that's a high flyer. Sorry but I'm not in Hunico's fan club. The sight of a heel jumping and flipping all over the place, is just so wrong. I mean, I don't mind a little slingshot action for showing off purposes, but the shit Hunico does will get him absolutely nowhere, it's hurting his character. Him and Camacho look so badass rolling in on the bike then before you know Hunico is doig corkscrews.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.