Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remind it very well, in 2015, Neville debuted versus Curtis Axel and won. Next week, He fought versus Seth Rollins and from there, his burying has started. He won a Slammy, but what does it mean a vulgar prize like that? He went to Cruiserweight Division and Won the division championship, but what happened? He lost it against a loser like Enzo Amore. And you already know the remaining story...

The curious fact is: Humberto Carrillo is a Highfliyng wrestler and lost against Seth Rollins. In other words. Will be Carrillo the next Neville?

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts
The WWE was damn near going to give Neville a might mouse gimmick. They still stuck his ass with a cape. Humberto is a good looking guy and it seems like WWE is trying to build their Latino demographic by having him and others on RAW so I don't think his fate will be like Nevilles'

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
He cut a promo a level about Seth as well, oh yeah even with the flub and broken English that wasn’t really a tough task. In all seriousness though it was nice to see how they used him, how they reintroduced Sin Cara, have Andrade and Rey’s around too to work with them. If he does get Neville’s spot then that’s a good place for him to be in, and Raw being quite barren gives him a decent chance.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,439 Posts
I thought Flipochet was the new Neville. Is this Humberto guy even flippier than Ricochet?
Less flippy but only slightly, he is a luchador after all, I think he has a much better sense of classical wrestling storytelling than Flipochet. In his match against Seth he didn't have a single movement that didn't fit the psychology.

On 205 he would sometimes flip for no reason though, and his matches against Ricochet and Cedric Alexander are going to be nauseating to people who don't like that style, but for him to debut on Raw against the champ, he was awfully restrained, most guys would want to show every flip in their book in that spotlight.

·
Baby Yoda
29,300 Posts
I was impressed, I'm avoiding WWE these days but I saw a clip of him and Rollins on twitter and decided to check it out. Humberto has star potential and came off very likable in his post match interview.

It's really early days, but could of had the potential to replace Rey as WWE's next big masked wrestler, but he's good looking so I understand why he doesn't have a mask.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts