Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hilarious to hear Hogan criticize Bret for not wanting to job. As many times as Hulk played politics. What a hypocrite.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
full of shit as usual.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Nah, there is a difference between doing what you can to succeed as much as possible, and flat refusing to do what your boss tells you. Whatever hogan did, you can't say it wasn't within the rules. It is well known that he and Vince basically ran WWE together during that first run, and in WCW he had creative control in his contract that was negotiated. Bret did not. It is what it is.

·
Registered
11,869 Posts
Hogan is the most hated wrestler of all time and and also the most popular. It comes with the territory. Hogan never sound bitter to me. Bret,Warrior,etc and others always sound like they got some past vendetta.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Look, no one is a bigger mark for Hogan than I am, but his refusal to ever claim responsibility for anything is astounding. His standard responses nowadays are "I don't know what happened," "I'm trying to live my life in a positive way," "that's a rumor."

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
WOW! it sounds like Hulk has a lot of enemies. He does have a valid point about Bret! If your boss tells you to do a match, you need to do the match. He IS your boss after all! As far as the Ultimate Warrior, i thought that was a little uncalled for.

·
Registered
11,869 Posts
Look, no one is a bigger mark for Hogan than I am, but his refusal to ever claim responsibility for anything is astounding. His standard responses nowadays are "I don't know what happened," "I'm trying to live my life in a positive way," "that's a rumor."
I believe that what happen at Wrestlemania 9 was all Vince Mcmahon. We all know how he operates. Now for the stuff that happen in WCW, it was in his contract to have complete control. Plus, without Hogan, Bret Hart would not be signing million dollars contracts,etc. Hogan open the doors for all these guys.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I believe that what happen at Wrestlemania 9 was all Vince Mcmahon. We all know how he operates. Now for the stuff that happen in WCW, it was in his contract to have complete control. Plus, without Hogan, Bret Hart would not be signing million dollars contracts,etc. Hogan open the doors for all these guys.
you raise a lot of good points! Vince does operate the way he wants and doesnt care. I also agree that the Hulkster opened the doors for guys like Bret to get these million dollar contracts they got.

So in short....

(Y)YES! I agree!(Y)

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Not sure what to make of all of this, Hogan knows how to carry himself well during interviews so I'm not quite sure how much of it is to make himself look like the rational guy, and how much of it is really true. According to these interviews Steiner was next to work with Storm, and this seems off considering Steiner was barely beeing used at all in the last few months before he left and I doubt he would not resign while getting a mainevent feud with one of TNAs top stars again. A program between those two to put Storm over would have been great for the promos alone if that was true, never happened before that I know and they could pay well off each other.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Not sure what to make of all of this, Hogan knows how to carry himself well during interviews so I'm not quite sure how much of it is to make himself look like the rational guy, and how much of it is really true. According to these interviews Steiner was next to work with Storm, and this seems off considering Steiner was barely beeing used at all in the last few months before he left and I doubt he would not resign while getting a mainevent feud with one of TNAs top stars again. A program between those two to put Storm over would have been great for the promos alone if that was true, never happened before that I know and they could pay well off each other.
you make a valid point about Steiner resigning for being paired up for a major feud with one of the biggest stars in TNA in James Storm. I would imagine him being happy and want to help mentor Storm just as he did others! that makes me think.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What ever Hogan did when he was wrestling.
Was the best for Hogan and wrestling, he was a huge star.
There was no reason for him to do a job for anyone, except Flair.
There feud could have been way bigger then it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts