Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did the show do?

- The September 14 edition of Hulk Hogan's MCW brought in 999,000 viewers and did a 0.81 rating.

The repeat of Hogan's show at 2:00 am brought in 309,000 viewers and did a 0.27 rating.

Credit: PWInsider.com
Raising thee bar, brotha!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
...so?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pretty good rating for tru tv. The show is actually quite fun to watch. The rating will dip after the original interest peaks but I could see this being solid for a season or so.

Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
The bar has been raised.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to who? If anything, since it's Hogan and you guys call him a "major draw" in 2011, the rating should be higher. Or are we back to thinking Hogan has the Midas touch over everything?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Winning™;10321349 said:
According to who? If anything, since it's Hogan and you guys call him a "major draw" in 2011, the rating should be higher. Or are we back to thinking Hogan has the Midas touch over everything?
It is a good rating for that network. Your Talking about ONE man that is clearly a draw on the show. this is not like TNA where they have sting, hogan, ric, RVD Jeff hardy all on one show. You just hating like you normally do. Thats the best thing you can do. You know nothing else. A show full of midgets/plus Hogan scored a 0.81 rating = Success!

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a good rating for that network. Your Talking about ONE man that is clearly a draw on the show. this is not like TNA where they have sting, hogan, ric, RVD Jeff hardy all on one show. You just hating like you normally do. Thats the best thing you can do. You know nothing else. A show full of midgets/plus Hogan scored a 0.81 rating = Success!
LOL keep drinking the red and yellow water.

This is just Hogan's way to stay relevant in the mainstream culture, and the pro wrestling culture in general. If he is such a draw that people like you suggest, why isn't it any higher than this?

By the way, I love how you mention all those names TNA have but still can't draw high ratings to compensate those talents. Right on ya.

·
Banned
93 Posts
I really wanted to make a thread about this but I figured it would just get locked or something. Five midgets, Brian Knobbs and Hulk Hogan draw 2/3rds of Impact's total viewer numbers.

This will have ramifications of which we can only imagine.
fpalm

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good rating for a show that was as bad as I thought it would be. It's not that far off from a TNA rating, but the rating was mostly due to interest for something that Hogan is behind. I expect that rating next week to be 0.5 at best,

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Hogan was on a local radio morning show promoting this (KQRS if anyone here is familiar) Wednesday morning. I was intrigued with the show, but I wanted to watch the season finale of Deadliest Warrior more. The thing that pissed me off tho was Hogan talked a bit about the old gang in WWE he knew from the local area, but guess how much he said about TNA? That's right- not a god damn word. It would have been nice if he dropped the name a time or 2 while reminiscing about what he's been doing lately. Especially since they're the ones giving him almost all his TV time.

How was the show though, did any of them have awesome gimmicks or do exceptionally well? Is it worth watching next week?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Does that mean that MCW is the new #3 company?
Obviously. It's only a matter of see who the first person to jump ship is.

Don't be mad that Demo is a future X-Division Champion breh. Meatball outdraws Kurt Angle.

By the way, it's not 1997, might want to update your sig bro.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
The repeat of Hogan's show at 2:00 am brought in 309,000 viewers and did a 0.27 rating

^ caused by falling asleep with the t.v. on.

I watched the show and honestly it was the most horrible/hilarious thing I have ever watched on T.V. wrestling related. The whole show is like the segment of Mae Young giving birth to a hand. <- Yes it is that ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts