Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - please don't post if your comment consist of "Hogan should be fired"​

I wanted to make this thread to get your thoughts on the Hulk Hogan character in Impact Wrestling.

When I think of Hulk Hogan, I think of the Red and Yellow and the American Made "Real American" person or the alter ego of Hollywood Hogan. I like watching Hogan come out to the ring and "Hulk Up" and beat people up, and I like Hogan's raspy voice with the "Wha'cha gonna do" However, this is something that we don't get with the TNA version of Hogan.

I'd like to see Hogan take more of his former persona when he's doing his General Manager role. Hogan should still be coming out with his Red and Yellow, and he should still be using his raspy voice. To have a more hands on General Manager would make the role "fresh". If there's a brawl happening in the ring, the GM should come down and beat everyone up. Hogan can't take bumps anymore, but he could still get somewhat physical.

Should Hogan be more like he used to or should TNA continue to have the "Terry Bollea" version of Hulk Hogan?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I hated the red and yellow Hogan, very much a precursor to the fruity pebbles John Cena.

But the nWo Hogan was amazing and is what I think of when I think of Hogan.

That's why I don't like him as the GM. He was much better as a bad guy, he was cast perfectly as the sleazy old guy that had his guys do his dirty work while he got all the glory.

That should be how he does the GM spot.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
IMO Hogan should never have another match, it would be seriously endangering his health and it just isn't worth the risk. For me this means Hogan shouldn't really be involved in feuding with any talent so really it doesn't matter if he is Hollywood or Red and Yellow Hogan. His role now both on screen and off screen should be as "Terry Bollea" Hogan, using his name value to help promote the company and behind the scenes pass on his wealth of experience and knowledge to the younger guys.
The days are gone again IMO of GMs involved in storylines, it has been so overdone that it will always just be a cheap rip off of what's gone before, Hogan's role should be simply to announce matches and get the crowd going

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey mate you're going to limit the number of posts in this thread because like 75% of the guys in this forum don't think Hogan should be at TNA but out of respect for you I'll be objective and answer the thread question

Now with Hulk Hogan he's a person who's character either way is unbecoming of an authority figure because he's going to put himself into storylines and hell him coming into power was a storyline on its own and that involved the World Heavyweight Champion. Hulk Hogan in 2012 should not be anywhere near the title or its holder in any manner whatsoever and he shouldn't be involved in storylines the authority figure should just make matches and make announcements not screwing over the faces or punishing the heels just making matches and announcements "Terry Bollea" Hulk Hogan is the way to go but TNA have to go all the way with it and he shouldn't be physically involved with the talent nor should he be in any storyline of any kind

1 - 5 of 5 Posts