Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first say I have been a fan of wrestling since I was 5 so 20 years and I never in my life thought I would say this but Hulk Hogan is exactly what is wrong with wrestling today.

Lets look at TNA since Hulk came in

He tried to turn TNA into WCW from the top down

He gave 50 plus year old's all of the tv time everyone on the card was from WCW or WWF (WWE)

I thought for sure I was wacthing WCW now I was a fan of WCW 10-15 years ago I can't belive it has been that long but I must say that when he brought in hall-nash, flair, scott, nasty boys, the list goes on. I honestly thought this may be something but these guys are just old and couldn't put on a show anymore.

Everyone that was in TNA before Hogan came in didn't even get TV Time.

He then put the strap on RVD... Now I love RVD but you can see he is only there to collect a pay check at this point or maybe TNA's style just isnt for him anymore.

Now was the strap on RVD he says lets milk ECW one last time. This ran for 2 or 3 months and they had a PPV and that was it. I also loved ECW and I mean LOVED ECW but these guys bodies just came do anymore.

Now he brings in Brooke Hogan, WHO THE :cuss: CARES.

Then he says lets bring wrestling and MMA together and brings in King MO

I don't even know who this guy is or care for that matter. If KING MO ever becomes camp I will never watch TNA ever again.

If you remember correctly it wasn't until hogan left did we start to see the TNA guys get tv time and week after week that I watch I see it going back to how it used to be. Is it just me or does it seem he doesnt care about the TNA guys

I have heard before that wrestlers don't make good promoters and I never thought anything of it until now. HULK HOGAN couldn't wrestle and he sure as hell can't run a company. Because of him the roster is maybe 40 guys. They just don't have the money.

I always hated Jeff Jarrett but this guy knew how to run a company and for all the people who say all he did was find a way to put the strap on himself well at least when he was there the show was watchable.

I'm going to TNA in Pittsburgh as I have went to every show within 150 miles of me in the last 5 years and I will have a brown bag on my head because I am just embarrassed to be a fan at this point. and I will sit beside 10 year old kids who think this is TNA

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
i take it you dont like Hulk Hogan then?

You seem to be under the impression that Hogan is in charge, he isn't. He does not decide who signs for the company, he played no part in King Mo or Brooke signing, they were both Dixies idea.

·
Registered
694 Posts
There's no doubt that most of 2010 and 2011 was pretty terrible, but things are looking really good for Impact right now.

Brooke Hogan has maybe two minutes of airtime per episode, brings mainstream attention and has said herself that her stay is only temporary. Sure, it's nepotism at its finest but really not a big deal.

Also you seem to think Hogan has a lot more control than he really does. King Mo and the MMA influence is more likely because of Spike/Bischoff/Dixie.

I think Impact is on a really good path right now, and they are doing a good job building their own stars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dixie Carter and Panda Energy own TNA I am not a mark but if you think for one second he doesn't put ideas in these poeples heads you my friend are high.

Wouldn't you listen to 90% of what he said? he has been the face of the business for 30 years

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Dixie Carter and Panda Energy own TNA I am not a mark but if you think for one second he doesn't put ideas in these poeples heads you my friend are high.

Wouldn't you listen to 90% of what he said? he has been the face of the business for 30 years
King Mo was not Hogans idea, Dixie has been thinking of having a cross-over MMA star for years.

You give Hogan way too much credit, he does not have the power you seem to think he does.

Anyway, look at Roode, Hogan turned out to be spot on about him didn't he?

2010-2011 were pretty crap for sure, but 2012 has been all round pretty good so far, so I dont see any reason to hate on Hogan right now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
hogan maybe not be in charge, but dixie is so up his arse he might aswell be in charge because whatever he wants he gets from dixie, he got the 4 sided ring back within weeks,he got his buddies like nasty boys and co,hes got his gut check which is a good idea but not taking away 10 minutes of air time from impact and its pretty boring. hogan is basically here because of his ego and knows TNA is the only place where hel get all his own way because dixie hasnt got a clue, he's nothing but a jackass and maybe a freak with his brooke behaviour after the infamous oil incident and his over protective, cant stand him and never have

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I am sure a lot of what Hogan and Bischoff wanted to do was over turned at times and I am sure a lot of things Russo wanted to do was over turned at times.

The big problem was Hogan and Bischoff vs. Vince Russo. For as much power you think EH and HH had Vince was always protected by Dixie. You can't operate a wrestling company when the 3 guys who pretty much come up with the content ( in some form or fashion ) that gets put on your television screen are butting heads every time they come to work.

Since BFG this company has done a 180 and has produced some of their best stuff. What changed? Vince Russo is no longer in TNA. TNA is capable of putting on very entertaining shows with Hogan and Bischoff working there.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
hogan maybe not be in charge, but dixie is so up his arse he might aswell be in charge because whatever he wants he gets from dixie, he got the 4 sided ring back within weeks,he got his buddies like nasty boys and co,hes got his gut check which is a good idea but not taking away 10 minutes of air time from impact and its pretty boring. hogan is basically here because of his ego and knows TNA is the only place where hel get all his own way because dixie hasnt got a clue, he's nothing but a jackass and maybe a freak with his brooke behaviour after the infamous oil incident and his over protective, cant stand him and never have
Sure, but all that stuff was two years ago now.

TNA is a completely different, and much better company now in 2012.

Gutcheck and Open Fight Night were Bischoffs idea.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sure, but all that stuff was two years ago now.

TNA is a completely different, and much better company now in 2012.

Gutcheck and Open Fight Night were Bischoffs idea.
better company? thats your view my friend and i wish it was a fact, i wish hogan came in and give TNA *that push* he said at the very beginning but he done more than a push, but it isnt a better company now.. TNA was better before hogan and so far thats a fact and also my view

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hogan should go to hell already!
I'm The Jizz, and I approve of this post.

People can say he's not the one behind it all, but I am pretty damn sure that if Hogan went to Dixie with any dumb idea he has, she would bend over backwards for him. *giggity*

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Hogan is a scum sucking money whore who is only in the business to pick up checks. He has no passion, no heart and no clue about what is relevant in wrestling these days. I wish he and Sting would retire and go be butt buddies on a remote island somewhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can accept criticisms of some of Hogan's dealings and influence over the business, but some of these personal attacks are unwarranted IMO. The most famous wrestler ever to live joins TNA, doesn't turn his nose up at the company and in fact actively promotes the company on a national stage, but he's evil and everything he does is evil. Yet people are clamoring for the likes of Batista and Goldberg to join the company despite them thinking that TNA is small time and that they are too big to be in TNA. Hogan isn't perfect, but at least he doesn't think he's too big to step into a TNA ring or berate the company.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Let me first say I have been a fan of wrestling since I was 5 so 20 years and I never in my life thought I would say this but Hulk Hogan is exactly what is wrong with wrestling today.
I stopped reading after this because of how poetic this was.Nah I read the whole thing and couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can accept criticisms of some of Hogan's dealings and influence over the business, but some of these personal attacks are unwarranted IMO. The most famous wrestler ever to live joins TNA, doesn't turn his nose up at the company and in fact actively promotes the company on a national stage, but he's evil and everything he does is evil. Yet people are clamoring for the likes of Batista and Goldberg to join the company despite them thinking that TNA is small time and that they are too big to be in TNA. Hogan isn't perfect, but at least he doesn't think he's too big to step into a TNA ring or berate the company.
il add a wee example of when hogan thought he was bigger than TNA, and insulted them, and it was when he was basically saying that the wee boys in the culprit ring is over and its time for the big time now, other words insulting everything TNA stood for, for the last 6 year, he came in didnt like the company and let his ego take over and let his little older friends invade the place which backfired immediately,

and hogan being this famous wrestler means jackshit either, because him,flair,rvd,hardy and some others are all either pasted it or junkies that have failed to draw for TNA

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i agree with most of what op said.

he did try to make tna a new wcw. removed 6 sided ring, move to mondays, brought in oldies, and omfg, bubba the fuck sponge racist piece of shit. reason why we dont have awesome kong no more.

kong, daniels, hamada were al let go while orlando jordan, val venis, and nasty boys, hall, nash were around.

rvd being champ was a big mistake and at least shoulda happened on ppv. and i too love rvd but i agree, just not caring in tna. i personally would like to see what he would do in roh, but thats for a different time.

brooke hogan is a waste of time and money and its a joke she has a job there.

king mo i dont think was because of hogan. idk if it was dixie or if spike pushed to have him be part of tna and mma, but i dont like that move. no1 knows who he is(most people anyway) seems he was just signed to retaliate lesnar returning in wwe.

i wish tna wouldnt use hogan on screen tho. imo he should just be the guy who promotes tna. show up on radio shows, media appearances, ect. promote everything tna, the wrestlers, impact, ppvs, house shows, everything. i agree hogan needs to get off tv, but tna has gotten a lot of attention and sponsers because of him. so like i said, keep him off tv, an occasional appearance is fine, and just let him promote tna. he also shouldnt have any imput in creative or who to sign.

but right now, for me tna is 50/50 right now. the half thats good is really good(roode, ray, storm, aries, angle, aj, daniels, abyss/joseph park) but the bad is also really bad (robbies, garrett, no tag or x division, dixie/aj storyline)

·
Registered
665 Posts
TNA is in a far better place now than it has ever been and it's all thanks to the Hogan/Bischoff regime. When you look at the company as a whole there has been a lot of major changes that have completely reshaped the landscape of the company. Sure Hogan's 2010 debut brought several references to the WCW days, but today's TNA is definitely where the company needs to be. There is a great mix of TNA brand talent mixed in with the best former WWE talent, the Knockouts Division is the best women's wrestling in the world, and the company is producing some exciting and fresh segments that will have people hooked to watching the show.

As far as things like the ECW 2.0, Brooke Hogan, and King Mo, those are initiatives led by Dixie Carter and do not reflect on what Hogan has to offer.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Hogan is a very popular guy and the fans love him, but he brings a lot of baggage and I think ultimately is bad for business... and if you think Dixie just woke up one day and thought it'd be great to have Hogan's daughter and Bischoff's son on TV, I don't know what to tell you lol. Hogan is a master manipulator, this guy could master mind a ponzi scheme easily if he wanted to lol.

I'll admit I only started watching TNA a few months ago, and the product overall I think is good, but it's not because of someone like Garrett Bischoff or Hogan.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I sure miss the days when 10 random guys use to just fight each other for no reason. Man those TNA days where so great. It was like they came to work and said hey lets see how many indy guys we can throw out there and do shit no one cares about.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sure miss the days when 10 random guys use to just fight each other for no reason. Man those TNA days where so great. It was like they came to work and said hey lets see how many indy guys we can throw out there and do shit no one cares about.
this is what you are getting right now but with 50 year old men and the same main event every 2 or 3 months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts