Wrestling Forum banner

Which was the better man? Hulk Hogan vs Hollywood Hogan

• Hulk Hogan

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • Hollywood Hogan

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • The mix of them both, Hollywood Hulk Hogan( in The Rock WM 18 match)

Votes: 8 9.5%
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
If you stuck me with a knife you would see red and yellow pouring through my veins.

Reactions: krillep
IWC loves faces too like Austin, Bret, HBK, Taker who spent the majority of their careers as faces

WWE just can't book faces for shit and they turn them into unlikable douchebags

On topic: The Immortal Hulk Hogan brother

IWC would of liked Hollywood had it been around

Cause it's only cool to like heels

tooEdgy4u
There did exist a small internet community back then

I will give you one example (the comments in brackets are the same guy looking back on the review in 2012)

http://www.rspwfaq.net/2012/08/august-leftovers-road-wild-97.html

I do remember going on Yahoo chatrooms in the late 90s, people did not like Hollywood Hogan at all, wanted Chris Benoit pushed.

The IWC didnt like heel Hogan any more than they liked heel HHH during 2002-2003.

Is this it? Am I finally going to catch a glimpse of that elusive IWC?! I've read that it's voting in this poll, that means it *must* be registered to this forum - we're getting closer...

I don't know if people are joking saying "the IWC only likes heels" because while Hogan got a cool factor from being nWo, he was the Triple H of his day and was, along with Hall & Nash, (rightly) blamed for WCW's glass ceiling which kept the "IWC favourites" in the undercard.

There definitely was a thriving internet wrestling community in the late 90s as well, I got my first PC in 1996 and by 98 most people I knew had internet access - I don't know why some people have this idea that "the IWC" is something recent.

The thing about liking heels is stupid anyway. Babyfaces were almost universally cool babyfaces in the Attitude Era and were supported, Hulk Hogan as the All American Hero being disliked by wrestling enthusiasts had to do with a lot more than him not being a heel. As for today's "IWC", whoever they are (I don't see anybody using the first person here so it can't be you guys), I'm pretty sure there are a few wrestlers who've been receiving a little bit of support from "internet fans". I think there was a big fan revolt at the start of the year but who knows, maybe it was for Batista once he turned heel.

90% of wrestling fans loved hulk hogan at some point.

There was just no Internet back then.

and with time, people have become fans of other types of wrestlers and grew out of being "hulkamaniacs".

But at their peak, Hulk Hogan miles ahead of holywood hogan.

I think that the red and yellow good guy personae was so beloved that once people got past the initial shock and feeling of betrayal with his heel turn that people still could not help but love him. I think that the red and yellow had the much higher ceiling but the black and white gave more possible creative directions. Without the red and yellow there would be no black and white. I go with Hulk Hogan.

the greatest babyface and heel of all time alongside Vince. Hogan made wrestling and you Austin marks are on this forum because of him so you can stick it.

Reactions: johnchampcena
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.