Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As previously noted here on eWn, Hulk Hogan did a Q&A over his YouTube Channel from his beach shop in Orlando. During a particular portion of the Q&A, Hogan was asked to share his favorite moment from his storied wrestling career and here’s what the “Hulkster” had to say:

“When I won the WWF Heavyweight Title in Madison Square Garden, January 23, 1984 from the Iron Sheik. But there’s a backstory to it, we go back many years when I was going to the University of South Florida, majoring in finance and management with a minor in music. After a bunch of years of going to college and quitting to play music several times, I finally quit for good to be a professional wrestler. It just killed both my parents, it ruined their hopes and dreams for me. So there was a very strained relationship for quite a long time with me and my Mom and Dad. Then, at Madison Square Garden where I beat the Iron Sheik, I had both my parents in the audience, sitting next to Vince McMahon’s wife, Linda McMahon. When I came back with the belt, Andre was pouring champagne on my head, my Dad and Mom came to the dressing room. They both said how proud they were of me and they were very happy that I made that decision to be a wrestler.”

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Ya know, good for Hogan. His favorite moment was when he proved to his mom and dad that not only could he make it in wrestling, but that he could make it to the very top and prove them wrong and make the proud at the same time.

Nothing at all wrong with that at all.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was surprised by that answer. I was expecting to read something ridiculous like he had to convince Randy Savage that winning the title at Wrestlemania 4 was a good idea or that he was having dinner with Eric Bischoff and told him about an idea for a wrestling stable but he needed Diesel and Razor Ramon from the WWF to make it work.

I'm glad I was wrong in my assumption.

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
I would love it if guys gave REAL answers to these questions, like the first time Hogan saw a big, face of the company paycheck, or the first time some wrestling groupy blew him after a show

I'm just joking, that's actually a touching story. Reminds me that he's a human being after all in spite of all the awful shit he's done over the years.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
It's sad that Hogans dad passed away just before he went to WWE.

All the bs ending in WCW.

His dad even said: "You need to go back to wrestling" in 2001 before he passed away.

Would have been something for his dad to see that match against The Rock WM 18.

But I bet he smiled in heaven seeing his son, getting the fans over. And all that reaction and emotions in Wrestlemania 18.

Loyal fans always stick with their heroes, through thick and thin. We are all humans and make misstakes.

Nobody goes through life perfect.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
In all seriousness, that statement reminds me of what the prime Hulk Hogan would say and how fans adored him. Glad he didn't have Hulk amnesia and made a big lie or some sort of memory loss. Hogan in a DVD telling his real story like this would be gold for WWE on The Network, but I'm afraid old school Hogan wouldn't be able to refrain from working and going in and out of kayfabe. Then again, that was the magic of his era.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.