Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2421 - 2440 of 2440 Posts

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
So what? It's the word everyone is freaking out about, right? Why is it okay to say it in comedy skits, but not with "malicious intent" in the privacy of your own home? Getting offended by a word is a matter of perspective. Some black people probably found that skit offensive for all you know and some could give a shit less when Hogan said it in his home. Either allow it to be said or don't. There should be no in between.
What are you talking about? Of course it isn't the fucking word. Booker T is on record as saying that Hulk Hogan called himself "A good n-word", it never caused a problem. Firing someone because they've used a word you don't approve of would be completely ridiculous.

He's been fired because he admitted that he's a racist and he doesn't like black people. If you replace every instance of "......" with "Black" or "Jew" or "Asian" (and an appropriate alternative to basketball player) he'd still have been fired.

·
Banned
1,818 Posts
Hogan should have retired from the industry after Wrestlemania XIX.

It was all downhill from there.

- Mr America
- Failed TNA stint in 2003
- Embarrassment that was Summerslam 2005
- Finally making it to TNA and doing more damage than good
- Returning to WWE, fucking up at Mania 31, outed as racist and general disaster.

A couple of nuggets of gold in a 10 year period filled with bad business decisions, declining health, sex tapes, car crashes and dropping "N" bombs were not worth it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think it's super ridiculous that WWE is getting rid of everything Hulk Hogan But I guarantee there will be a piper Tribute & network special on the network how many racist things did piper say hell even on TV he oh and lets not forget that Vince's butt buddy Donald Trump yeah he is still over the hall of fame page! It's WWE hypocrisy at it's best after all the money Hogan made for them!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hogan's career is obviously dead - I mean look, he popped Virgil numbers at his signing today...

Oh wait...

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,197 Posts
^Hogan could probably live off of just doing autograph signings for the rest of his life, tbh. And if he wins or comes to a settlement in his lawsuit with Gawker, he's even more set for life. Hulkster will be fine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tough break for Axlemania.

The markets work in crazy ways sometimes, this has reportedly lost the WWE $50 million... it's all about the money... WWE want the Gold, Hulk Hogan, we comin' for you Ni... 0:)

Back to the plot! Hulk Hogan isn't going to starve and far from it, so whatever happens nothing actually humanly bad is going to happen and therefore even with empathy I feel no sympathy. I will say this, in an industry which is a mans game (sorry Divas, I wouldn't kick you out of bed even if you'd accidently shit in it... though you would be called a dirty bitch and have to clean it up) plus egos and neccessary politics due to it being 100% entertainment it should be expected it is going to get a bit close to the bone sometimes. One can't simply train hard, study an opponent and defeat him to become the best. Shareholders, toy makers, pin stripe poncy suits, whatever, it's not Curious George or Sofia the First.

Hulk Hogan had the balls to go up against Kim Jong-il a few years ago and did pretty good. Cut the guy some slack. At least I think it was him anyway...

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Well under Shows > Beyond The Ring they still have Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collectors Series ... which says 'Witness some of the rarest matches from Hulk Hogan's 30 year career. This special is an absolute must watch for all Hulkamaniacs.'

Yet they've removed 'Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling' .... which quite annoys me as I really wanted to watch those, yet I'm not bothered about watching his unreleased collectors series.

So how come they can remove the Rock 'n' Wrestling but not the actual show dedicated completely to Hulk Hogan ... unless they forgot but that is annoying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What's going to happen with Hogan now... they removed him from everything, now what?

I know it's a little late but this was announced about a month ago or so when it was revealed that WWE will be removing Hogan from everything, his legacy etc. in WWF/WWE/WWC affiliated with all that from everything due to his racist rant or something about his daughter, blah blah... I don't know the details about it but this truly sucks. Really WWE? They literally fire Hogan now and removed everything about him in the records? I'm not sure what the exact details though so I would appreciate if someone can give me the details. But basically I was also reading some thiings Hogan was saying in some talk show and used the "N" word and how he used it with Booker T back in the day or whatever.

Pleaseee.... don't let this happen, god forbid if he ever passes away WWE won't commemorate him because of that crap? Come on WWE grow up.

Sooo.... my question is, is there any way they can let Hogan back and not let him lose everything about him? Everyone is a big fan of him... I'm a hulkamanic myself.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Re: What's going to happen with Hogan now... they removed him from everything, now what?

I know it's a little late but this was announced about a month ago or so when it was revealed that WWE will be removing Hogan from everything, his legacy etc. in WWF/WWE/WWC affiliated with all that from everything due to his racist rant or something about his daughter, blah blah... I don't know the details about it but this truly sucks. Really WWE? They literally fire Hogan now and removed everything about him in the records? I'm not sure what the exact details though so I would appreciate if someone can give me the details. But basically I was also reading some thiings Hogan was saying in some talk show and used the "N" word and how he used it with Booker T back in the day or whatever.

Pleaseee.... don't let this happen, god forbid if he ever passes away WWE won't commemorate him because of that crap? Come on WWE grow up.

Sooo.... my question is, is there any way they can let Hogan back and not let him lose everything about him? Everyone is a big fan of him... I'm a hulkamanic myself.
Basically, he said he's racist "to a point" (or something like that), and because people are afraid of being called a racist themselves, they assume someone who says it outright must be extremely racist, and would've never said it if they weren't because it's like admitting to a crime. It's unimaginable in a politically correct world that someone might not be sensitive to labels or might want to be treated as a man or woman first and an "-ist" second.

At least that's how I see it.

I don't think any audio or whatever has been released.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
...and one month later, we're back to normal.

It's almost all blown over, most of the world has jumped to Hulk's defence, and nothing really has changed.

2421 - 2440 of 2440 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.