Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I copied and pasted this article from the New York Post's website. You can read this on their website by clicking here https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/hulk-hogans-scary-coronavirus-message-to-millions-maybe-we-dont-need-a-vaccine/

Hulk Hogan has caused controversy by suggesting the world may not need a vaccination for coronavirus and claiming the pandemic is an act of God.

The deadly COVID-19 outbreak has afflicted 1.4 million people across the globe. But the outspoken WWE Hall of Famer, 66, has compared the crisis to the “plagues of Egypt” and says God has “taken away everything we worship.”

The wrestling icon, who has had a lengthy list of personal problems, bizarrely made the claims in a long Instagram post.

“Word up, can you handle the truth my brother only love HH,” wrote Hogan, who has 1.5 million followers on Instagram. “In three short months, just like He did with the plagues of Egypt, God has taken away everything we worship.

“God said, ‘you want to worship athletes, I will shut down the stadiums. You want to worship musicians, I will shut down Civic Centers. You want to worship actors, I will shut down theaters. You want to worship money, I will shut down the economy and collapse the stock market. You don’t want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can’t go to church.

“‘If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Hogan, who recently suffered a bicep tear, went on to suggest we did not need a vaccine for the virus, with medical and scientific experts working on developing the best way to combat the coronavirus.

“Maybe we don’t need a vaccine,” he wrote. “Maybe we need to take this time of isolation from the distractions of the world and have a personal revival where we focus on the ONLY thing in the world that really matters. Jesus.”

It is the second time within a week Hogan has gotten religious over the coronavirus on social media.

A few days before, the former WWE champion, who last month reached a confidential settlement in his $110 million lawsuit against those he accused of conspiring to leak a sex tape, highlighted a Bible passage.

Hogan, real name Terry Bollea, wrote on Instagram: “Whenever I hold back the rain or send locusts to eat up the crops or send an epidemic on my people, if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.”

During Hogan’s sex tape scandal, footage showed him using the N-word, which led to the star immediately apologizing but saw his business contacts terminate their deals with him.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,795 Posts
I agree with Hulk. I’m not one to force religion on anyone, and I don’t think this is God’s punishment, but I agree when he says that this is a time for us to start over and focus on the things that matter. Like family. Or spirituality. Or life goals and ambitions that have been forgotten about. Or just get to know yourself on a deep level. Everyone is always so fuckin erratic and activity driven. The only thing that matters is profit. Slow the fuck down for 2 seconds. I see what he’s trying to say. Most people won’t get that and will go on and type a hateful comment or make him out as the one who’s wrong just because he quoted the Bible, missing the point entirely. Well guess what, he’s not wrong. The world is fucked up on so many levels.

Yes we do need a vaccine of course, that’s not what he’s getting at. The way he is expressing himself is going to draw a lot of negativity unfortunately, especially from keyboard warriors and atheists. There will be very few who can understand what he’s actually trying to say.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
I'm a lifetime Hulkmaniac but man this guy does nothing but make being a supporter of him more and more difficult. Sadly this isn't even the dumbest thing he's said or done.

·
Hardcore Casual
750 Posts
Was he always Christian or is he Born Again? Never liked the dude, more of a Bret, HBK, and Yokozuna fan, so i don't know.
Pretty sure he's always been Christian, given the whole "say your prayers" thing. I certainly don't ever remember him endorsing anything but a WASP lifestyle.

On topic: his interpretation of the Bible is not unorthodox at all. Plagues have historically been viewed as punishments from God(s) in various cultures, not just in Abrahamic religions. Is it ignorant of epidemiology? Sure. But I doubt even if he understand the mechanisms behind virus mutations, infection curves etc. that it would change his opinion.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,795 Posts
The thing though is that science and religion are essentially the same thing. It’s just that 98% of people don’t look into it. Just two different perceptions. Most of the events in the Bible and most of the miraculous happenings such as “out of nowhere” miraculous health recoveries that happen every day, etc have been proven by science and quantum mechanics. Everything is energy in the end and energy comes from spirit.

...I think I may be getting too deep for WF I’m just gonna stop there lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The thing though is that science and religion are essentially the same thing. It’s just that 98% of people don’t look into it. Just two different perceptions. Most of the events in the Bible and most of the miraculous happenings such as “out of nowhere” miraculous health recoveries that happen every day, etc have been proven by science and quantum mechanics. Everything is energy in the end and energy comes from spirit.

...I think I may be getting too deep for WF I’m just gonna stop there lol.
You're not getting too deep, you're spouting nonsense and trying to sound woke, but it's pseudo-intellectual bullshit. "Most of the events in the bible" have not been proven by science, and science and religion are polar opposites on the spectrum. Fairy tales about men parting the sea in half or putting every species of creature in one ship to save them from a flood are not "essentially the same" as people doing research and saving lives. Get the fuck.

·
This is my show now
1,356 Posts
He talks about people worshiping false idols and how God is shutting down those places of worship and then ends on this note:"You don’t want to go to church and worship Me, I will make it where you can’t go to church."

·
Registered
608 Posts
Like others have stated I get his point. Me and my family were having this conversation. The world is a better place today than it has ever been. We are living alot longer. Science and health is at an absolute high. Financially we are doing great. My grandparents used to slave around,working 14 hour shifts and there bodies were finnished by the time they hit 50. My grandma used to clean large venues and mop huge floors using a rug alone.

Despite this fact we are poisoned with hate and negativity. Mentally and spiritually we are at an all time low. Hopefully this pandemic makes us realise and appreciate the stuff that matters.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts