Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

· Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1298574509

"Yeah, yeah. There is certain ways to do things. You know, for The Rock to come out and say, we've gone from Austin 3:16 to The People's Champion to all of a sudden, you can't see me (in whiny voice). They spent so much time building John Cena up. If it was me I would have said, from the Austin era to The People's Champion era to John Cena. And I just gotta know in my heart whose the better man. There is a way to really build somebody up. You know.

All of a sudden in three or four seconds he had the whole arena screaming that Cena sucks. Sometimes I just don't understand the philosophy because John Cena is going to be there all the time. And even though The Rock said he was back, he was only back for one day. He isn't going to be there wrestling every single week like John Cena is, you know, holding it down and keeping it real. All that stuff is scripted, they have Stephanie McMahon and writers telling The Rock exactly what to say. I just didn't understand why they wanted to destroy Cena so quickly."
If they had even done what Hogan suggests, I think The Rock would have got booed out of the building, plus it would have probably got them less publicity.

By The Rock essentially 'challenging' Cena, you get more publicity with rumours of Rock/Cena.

(Not sure which section this would be better in, General WWE, Raw or TNA - so have put it in the Raw one seeing as it happened on Raw)

· Registered
930 Posts

If they had even done what Hogan suggests, I think The Rock would have got booed out of the building, plus it would have probably got them less publicity.

By The Rock essentially 'challenging' Cena, you get more publicity with rumours of Rock/Cena.

(Not sure which section this would be better in, General WWE, Raw or TNA - so have put it in the Raw one seeing as it happened on Raw)
I completely agree with you tbh.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Hogan needs to shush.

Oh yeah Hulk, it would have been AWESOME is rocky came back and sang the praises of Cena, giving us nothing to talk about, nothing for people to watch, and no angle for wrestlemania.

EVERYBODY has been waiting for Rock/Cena, they obviously had to give it us. Its money.

· Registered
2,352 Posts

Exactly, and Hogan knows this.......

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
Hogan was big in wrestling for 20 years, so how many people did he let win in a feud? How many people did he give a rub to? How many people did he lay down for? Exactly! He's in a glass house throwing stones.

What happened to elevating the game in TNA? Raising the bar? 3 times as many people watched RAW as Impact the last 2 weeks so Hollywood Hogan needs to drink a tall glass of Shut The Fuck Up juice and know his role.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Yeah lets be clear here, if Cena and Rock are in the ring togeher, the crowd are always going to boo Cena and cheer rock, so it would have happened anyway.

Once Rock leaves, Cena will go back to his usual mixed adult reaction litle kids going craxy cheers.

· Premium Member
42,229 Posts
I actually agree with Hogan to a degree.

Rock buried Cena and as Hogan pointed out, Rock wasn't going to be the one hanging around to continue this storyline. Thankfully they were smart enough to let Cena respond to the comments, but it didn't make sense to have the guy who held the torch before Cena come out and say "The current top guy sucks. His catchphrase sucks. His merch looks stupid. See you guys at Mania."

Now, I'm obviously exaggerating the situation, but I believe Hogan is correct in saying that there could have been a better way to build up both Rock and Cena rather than build up Rock so he can tear down Cena.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
I honestly don't give a fuck what Hogan thinks. He is the single most overrated person (he damn-sure isn't a wrestler) in history.

· Banned
11,216 Posts
Rock buried Cena, but that's just Rocky's style and why he's so great. Cena bounced back the following back just fine. I hope that it leads to a match between the two, but probably it'll just be Rock refereeing Miz/Cena and ending with Rock raising Cena's hand.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.