Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give it up to the man he did a good job last night. Of all the celebrity hosts Raw's had Jackman seemed to get it the most. You could see he took it seriously and was really into it.

Plus his "Woo" with Ryder was a pretty cool moment.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
ya, good guy for realz. i like when he grabbed that sign, he was doin stuff normally not seen.

·
Registered
984 Posts
He threw a good punch on Ziggler too. I almost thought he really tagged him for a second by accident. Not that I expected Wolverine to throw a bad punch from all his stunt training for movies, but with being live you only get one take to execute.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
He was as good as a celebrity guest host can be. It's always better when you can tell that they are really enjoying themselves. I had read that Jackman was a big WWE fan, thought it was just BS to promote him being there but even if it was, he sold it well lol.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Yeah I liked him. He seemed to really enjoy himself, and looks like people liked him backstage aswell:

- Hugh Jackman was a big hit backstage at Raw last night. Jackman wasn't familiar with all of the current talent but was a big fan in the mid 1980s and took a photo with Steve Lombardi backstage. Jackman noted that he remembered seeing him during a 1986 WWF tour of Australia. Word is that Jackman mingled with the wrestlers, took a ton of photos, and many of the wrestlers said that he was their favorite guest star.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Still not as good as Wayne Brady.

·
Zombo
8,766 Posts
Played the role of guest host the way you're supposed to:

- got the crowd on their feet by showing some genuine enthusiasm
- briefly plugged his product
- got involved in MORE than just a cheesy segment
- played his role of cheerleader / manager well

Well done, Mr Jackman

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
He was as good as a celebrity guest host can be. It's always better when you can tell that they are really enjoying themselves. I had read that Jackman was a big WWE fan, thought it was just BS to promote him being there but even if it was, he sold it well lol.
Yup. I don't really have a problem with celebrity guests so long as they are there to have fun, not just plug a project and then get the hell out of there. Jackman was obviously the former, and it made his segments vastly more watchable than your typical GH.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Played the role of guest host the way you're supposed to:

- got the crowd on their feet by showing some genuine enthusiasm
- briefly plugged his product
- got involved in MORE than just a cheesy segment
- played his role of cheerleader / manager well

Well done, Mr Jackman
This. I really enjoyed his segment and his role at ringside with Ryder. Made it interesting and got the crowd into it. Very good :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts