Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Laptop has Wifi and I live in a hotel with free internet but the signal is not going to my Laptop anybody know why? I tried to move around the room but nothing.Can someone help me?This is my younger brother's Computer has a switch that I turned on for him, but my Acer Laptop does not have a switch.If it was a button, what would the symbol look like?I've been using it for weeks now, probably two weeks since I brought it.Luckly my younger brother had a laptop to see your suggestions.I haven't downloaded anything.My brother's computer I'm using uses the same network from the Hotel, as well as my 17 year old younger brother.Any more suggestions, could it be my Laptop not the Hotel's signal? I called them last night, and told them the problem and the Manager's Internet was working at the front desk?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
WiFi signals on Laptops are normally a little Y with a few dots going out the top of it. Have you tried talking to the hotel management and asking them to sort the issue? I assume WiFi is part of the service you paid for so I guess they should sort it for you.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
some acers have a button that looks like a Satelite for WiFi, it glows orange when its on.

go to device manager if not (windows search device manager) go to network adapters, and make sure they are all working

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The free internet comes free for me, since I live with my Parents and two other brothers.I think those idiots don't know anything about Computers.My Brothers Computers use the same Network Econo Lodge_3 and mine is not working?

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nope very carefuk with things I own.I had the front Desk's Manager wiz kid with Computers reset the Router and it didn't work? I know his family, well and he went through the other rooms, but no connection but damnit my two younger brother's Internet does work.I need this fix, and hhgregg has a 10-14 day refund return policy and I got it on 9/19! I need this fixed badly and tomorrow I'm going to hhgregg you think they will give me another Acer Laptop? The problem is with the Laptop not the Hotel's signal.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know this is going to sound... well condescending, but well, have you made sure the wireless is on. There will be a F# plus fn combination which you can use. It will look like an antenna or something of the sort. Or on the other hand, there will be a button on the side of your computer that you might be able to push in and out. Good Luck!

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw it on their site and it says 30 days now.If the Computer is messed up and it wasn't caused by me, it's defective.My Dad and I kinda butted heads so I hopefully we still go to hhgregg.If we do, I'm leaving either with a portion of my money back or a new Computer.Kinda sucks since I work with my Dad and he owes me 125 bucks.By the way my computer does have that button, I called headquarters for hhgregg and turned it on and off repeately.No change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts