Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Orton 'may be blind' from visiting fireball city, I feel like this is a huge opportunity for Orton to develop another side to him and boost ratings.

Hear me out. From now on Orton will be completely blinded, so he needs to get around with bandages covering his eyes and using one of those canes blind people use. Obviously he stubbornly won't accept any help from anyone so he demands to get around RAW on his own, and that's where the hilarious slaptick comedy can come in.

Throughout RAW we get intermittent segments of Orton tripping over wires and falling down stairs, swearing as he does so. The final hilarious part contains a backstage interview with whoever when suddenly Orton crashes through the set behind them. Hilarious!

The great part is, now fans have a new reason to tune in and voila - ratings improve. "What will Orton do this week? What's he going to fall over? This is so funny I can't wait! I haven't felt this excited about wrestling since the NWO!"

So you rinse and repeat for a few weeks, Orton now accidentally putting a whole lot of burning chilli sauce on his hotdog instead of mustard at catering - then collapsing and being taken to hospital for heart troubles. Hilarious! Ratings continue to rise.

It gets even funnier next week when Orton gets an assistance dog to help him around, which goes well and gets him female attention as of course they love cute dogs. However the punchline is 'an unknown person' ends up attaching a big steak to Randy's leg which sends the dog wild attacking him! The announcers can't contain their laughter as RAW goes off the air.

At the next PPV, Orton has demanded a match saying nothing will stop the legend killer, even blindness. He comes out to his entrance and makes his way out with 'Poochy' leading the way. Suddenly though Poochy runs away and Orton starts comically slipping and tripping everywhere... 'someone' has made the entrance slippery! Orton plummets off the stage! The match gets 5 stars and the fans can't wait for RAW, which is now doing numbers not seen since 98!!!

That's the most I've got for now, but I think it's safe to say this angle is up there with The Mega Powers Exploding; Austin v McMahon' and Big Dick Johnson.

Anyone got suggestions on how the angle continues? I'm thinking it lasts until Summerslam this year....

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
OP clearly thinks that Wrestling Challenge segments(minus the sympathetic tone) from 1990 would make for great television in 2020.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Not a bad idea but taken the p*** out off someone being temporary blind isn't PG. It's similar to when a heel gets injured, is in a wheelchair, and then WWE book it as comedy hour. It's a edgy product they need, and are doing with the Orton vs fiend, don't ruin it by turning it into comedy central.

As for blind Orton, I'd actually book it the opposite and build it as he's at his deadliest as he believes it's a fight for survival. Give him white contact lens and just simply bill it has has lost some vision, but not completely blind. Turn up his aggression in matches, edgy promos and of course, more punts - in that he wants to physically injury others!

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
OP is being sarcastic. He's venting his frustration of Randy Orton mixed up in a ridiculous story with the Fiend. It's embarrassing actually for someone of Randy's caliber. Not doing Alexa Bliss any favors either, being a valet instead of a wrestler like she's meant to be. Took a 5 Time Champ and made her a Valet to a evil clown. In her PRIME no less. Nice job WWE.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
OP is being sarcastic. He's venting his frustration of Randy Orton mixed up in a ridiculous story with the Fiend. It's embarrassing actually for someone of Randy's caliber. Not doing Alexa Bliss any favors either, being a valet instead of a wrestler like she's meant to be. Took a 5 Time Champ and made her a Valet to a evil clown. In her PRIME no less. Nice job WWE.
I'm pretty sure her prime is over. She's had too many concussions (thanks to Reckless Ronda Rousey) and is considered injury prone at this point. That's why they put her in that tag team with Nikki Cross in the first place, so she wouldn't have to take as many bumps.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Gold shitposting, I really laughed out loud. Good stuff mate

Reactions: yeahbaby!

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes but I don't have any frustration about Orton. I think he's having one of his absolute best times in the covid era (is that ironic? I dunno).

Just picturing the whole thing made me laugh. Let's face it if they did do it for real would anyone be surprised? I'd lol to see it for a lower card guy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts