Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is from early 1996, when Hogan was 42 and Savage was 43. Today, Vince has given plum spots on the Wrestlemania card to Sting (56), Undertaker (50) and Triple H (45).

The man simply has no pride whatsoever in his work.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Savage especially was still an awesome competitor back then. I think that nobody other than Vince and his buck toothed butt buddy found those skits funny.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
how about the fact he knew full well how demott operated and was fine with it until it became public. then he fires him to try to save face. meanwhile, he's inducting cancer kids in the wwe hall of fame? it's so funny how wwe wants to portray itself and the reality of what they are. they're douchebags at best and pieces of shit at worst. i'm talking about vince and triple h.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
This is from early 1996, when Hogan was 42 and Savage was 43. Today, Vince has given plum spots on the Wrestlemania card to Sting (56), Undertaker (50) and Triple H (45).

You're forgetting something, those were his two biggest stars, they had just left the company to go work for his competition leaving him with a huge deficit in the talent pool. The attitude era and it's stars were in their infancy, and the company was facing real trouble.

It was a dig at them, WWF had to take what they had and rebuild a promotion with it. It's part of the reason that McMahon determined that no one man would ever be bigger than the promotion again.

No hypocrisy whatsoever. It was an open wound and Vince had to make things appear as though the show would go on no matter what. Thankfully he did just that.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
I found the entire thing bizarre. He wanted Savage as an announcer and thought the Hulkamania brand had peaked. So, Hogan does some Hollywood stuff, gets an itch for wrestling again, takes a stab at WCW, and that makes him disloyal? Savage still thinks he has something left in the tank and that makes him disloyal? They are both worthy of mocking? I just think Vince can't be angry when he created, in part, the circumstances that drove them to WCW.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
it's just like the make a wish crap with Cena, Cena is a god guy yet he bullies people etc. I mean seriously? Not to mention all the make a wish is for PR. If it wasn't they'd be talking about all the stuff their talent does, not just one guy.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sCTi31Z2jA

Well yeah but this shouldnt just be apparent now.

SIX YEARS after this skit aired, vince put one of the guys in it in one of the main events at wrestlemania, a couple of months after that he was the undisputed champion.

They were also airing promos for WWF's "new generation" at this time, and those promos included such bums as the body donnas and savio vega.

Yeah, i'd rather have them on the payroll than 1996 hogan and savage.... pfft

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
I found the entire thing bizarre. He wanted Savage as an announcer and thought the Hulkamania brand had peaked. So, Hogan does some Hollywood stuff, gets an itch for wrestling again, takes a stab at WCW, and that makes him disloyal? Savage still thinks he has something left in the tank and that makes him disloyal? They are both worthy of mocking? I just think Vince can't be angry when he created, in part, the circumstances that drove them to WCW.
Agreed. It just makes McMahon look like a bitter asshole. I wonder how many times he apologized to Hogan for the disrespectful segment when he came back to the company?

- Vic

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
I see this more as a business jab against WCW than an a legitimate insult at Hogan or Savage.

The (then) WWF was really trying to differentiate themselves at this juncture with their "New Generation" and bringing to light the age difference in the New Generation vs. WCW's stars was the best way they knew how to do it.

Of course it's hypocritical now but it's a completely different time now and they're not at war with WCW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts