Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can the WWE successfully turn Randy Orton heel? I know the majority of the IWC is sick of him as a face and wants to turn him, but how do you do it? He already RKO's faces and usually they just cheer louder. So how can the WWE turn Randy heel?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There are a million ways they could do it.

But I for one am not for Orton turning heel. He's done pretty much everything a heel can do. I like him as face better for now.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts
Siding with John Laurinaitis would do it. No doubt. I actually don't think he's had any interaction with him has he?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow great point, I completely overlooked this. I agree that'd do the trick.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Eh, it's really not worth doing. Not now. A year and a half, two years from now, probably, but not now.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
They can, but not with Sheamus, every time he act heel with him people still like more Orton than the red flop.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Id love to see a johnny stable of Show, Orton, Reks, and Hawkins. I think itd be great personally. But yea only way would be to align him with johnny. Hes fine where hes at now. Hes a tweener who gets a face reaction. You can realisticly put him against face or heel unlike cena and sheamus. So I dont think they need to do anything with him.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I actually don´t mind him as a face, in fact I kinda like his anti-hero persona. The problem is, that the viper gimmick got pretty bland and boring and Orton is better than that.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Face Orton for 2 more years? DesoRow you are not appealing to the CamillePunk demographic with this post.
LOL.

The only reason I see to turn Orton heel is to set up a great match-up between him and babyface Sheamus. A match-up in which Sheamus finally goes over at the end and is therefore finally truly established because he went over a true top heel in one of WWE's biggest stars.

So, I guess I could revise my earlier post. If they're going to do it, and with that endgame in mind, I would have Orton turn late in the year. Maybe six months from now. Have him keep chasing Sheamus's championship, on and off, keep losing or in his eyes getting "screwed" or whatever for one reason or another, have Cole and the rest of the announcers argue that Sheamus has overtaken Orton and his spot (they've already alluded to this in the past few weeks), Orton starts to lose it and finally decides to employ Johnny Ace to screw Sheamus at Survivor Series. (I'm guessing Jericho/Orton will go to Summerslam and maybe Del Rio/Sheamus, too.)

The problem is, Orton's too damned popular. Turning him heel would take a genuine herculean effort by creative at this juncture. That's why I'm opposed to it at first blush, because it seems to be fighting against what the audience wants. However, I do agree with the point in this thread, obviously, that the one practical way in which to turn Orton is to have him become an ally of Laurinaitis's.

It's interesting. One time in which Orton's babyface run actually lost momentum was in the weeks following his punting of Jericho. A lot of fans, even a bunch of casuals, love Jericho as a sort of legendary elder statesman figure of this industry. So seeing Orton be the one to dispatch him and in such unceremonious fashion with that punt and all kind of stung with a bunch of fans. I remember the audience, which typically goes wild for Orton, being rather muted when Orton did that to Jericho to close out that late September 2010 Raw.

You could try to split the audience loyalty a few degrees by pointing out in the Jericho/Orton feud that Jericho's really in the right. Orton was a psychopath who took out his frustrations on Sheamus~! at the time (late September 2010) by punting Jericho out of WWE for almost a year and a half. Jericho could also state that Orton's true natural enemy is Sheamus, which would be great foreshadowing for his heel turn against Sheamus.

But, again, I'd say the number one priority for WWE right now is establishing Sheamus and try to make him regain the momentum he had before he squashed Bryan and subsequently lost a fair chunk of support from many fans. Because to turn Orton heel, Sheamus has to be as optimally over as a face as possible. Which at this moment, he isn't. Orton will outpop him everywhere but in a few specific places.

It's a shame Mark Henry is out with the groin injury. I had a huge sprawling Henry/Sheamus blood feud over the WHC mapped out concluding at Hell in a Cell, and that would have been my feud to make Sheamus the altogether sympathetic, but brutal, warrior he needs to be to securely have that #1 top face position on Smackdown. But now Henry's gone and there's really no heel at the moment who can supply Sheamus with that sort of rub. It's a quandary.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Have Orton vs. Jericho at NWO. After, have Orton punt Jericho in the head writing him out. Then during Sheamus vs. Del Rio if it is a steel cage. Orton climbs over and attacks both men. Sheamus asks why on RAW The next night and Orton says that title shot was his! Then Orton attacks Sheamus again.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,526 Posts
Have Orton vs. Jericho at NWO. After, have Orton punt Jericho in the head writing him out. Then during Sheamus vs. Del Rio if it is a steel cage. Orton climbs over and attacks both men. Sheamus asks why on RAW The next night and Orton says that title shot was his! Then Orton attacks Sheamus again.
Orton would still be cheered over Sheamus.

Gotta get him with John Laurinaitis to change that IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts