Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Punk has been a face since last summer and lately I feel that his character is becoming stale and isn't anywhere near as edgy or as good on the mic as he was during his hot run last year as a heel/tweener. Surely soon the WWE needs to turn him heel again (Maybe to begin a feud with Austin). The only problem may be lack of big name faces on Raw and how popular Punk has become during this run (including merchandise sales etc. $$$).

Do you think a Punk heel turn will occur sooner rather than later? if so how would you book his heel turn?

Would you have him be a heel champion? Would you give him back the straight edge saviour gimmick? Etc.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He entered the "merch selling bland babyface" highway, and there's no exit road in sight.

Reactions: Klee

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,744 Posts
A Punk heel turn will happen MUCH later than sooner IMO, and -Extra- has stated the reasoning above. (most of his fans would hope its sooner, but I doubt it will be) WWE lacks top faces so they will not be turning one of their most over faces heel.

But if they were going to turn him heel it really wouldn't matter how or on who b/c Punk is talented enough of a heel to draw heat, although with the way he's been pushed over the last year and the state of the roster he would probably still be cheered by a large portion of the audience over most of the current roster even as a heel.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Have HHH come back to help out a face elsewhere on the roster, followed by Punk getting involved and screwing over said face to get to HHH. you get a Punk heel turn and the feud we all wanted but didn't get last year.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
He's the only face world champion on Raw since the 2005 draft, excluding, Cena, Orton and HHH, and you want to turn him heel with the crowd loving him. Who is going to replace him as the babyface of RAW? Cena,Orton? Well, there is no one left.

But, to answer your question, i'll make him beat Bryan in 18 seconds at over the limit ending the match with a "you can"t see me " taunt!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
He sells merchandise like crazy and gets the correct response from 95% of the fans; CM Punk won't be turned heel anytime soon, kind of like Orton will stay face. There are enough PPV feuds for him: Orton (face vs face), Cena (again), Sheamus (2 years down the line), Kane, Christian, Miz, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Matt Morgan.

But to answer your question, the only real way is by attacking Steve Austin's neck.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Probably in 2-3 years when the time comes to put over a new big face on Raw, it would work out better if he was a heel and lost clean to the guy.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
A Punk heel turn will happen MUCH later than sooner IMO, and -Extra- has stated the reasoning above. (most of his fans would hope its sooner, but I doubt it will be) WWE lacks top faces so they will not be turning one of their most over faces heel.
If they dual turned Punk and Bryan, Bryan could be a huge face (bigger than Punk currently due to the yes stuff) if Bryan is pushed more like the American Dragon and less like the American Kiss Ass. I think (if done right) Punk/Bryan could be a legendary multi-year feud ala Cena/Edge. Having said that...WWE will blow it. They always seem to find a way. I'm expecting Punk/Tensai to be shoved down our throats starting next Monday.

As for how to turn Punk, have him lose the belt and develop a chip on his shoulder over the crowd being his weakness...his need to entertain them has become his drug.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Punk does this all on purpose. He's upset at the fact that he's the WWE champion and the WWE doesn't have enough faith in him to put him in the main event. So, he waters down his character. When was the last time Punk was interesting and edgy? Last August/September, when he was feuding with HHH. Coincidentally, he was in the main event then. Trust me, we all now how petty and immature Punk his. Him phoning it in because he's upset with management doesn't seem far-fetched.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Punk does this all on purpose. He's upset at the fact that he's the WWE champion and the WWE doesn't have enough faith in him to put him in the main event. So, he waters down his character. When was the last time Punk was interesting and edgy? Last August/September, when he was feuding with HHH. Coincidentally, he was in the main event then. Trust me, we all now how petty and immature Punk his. Him phoning it in because he's upset with management doesn't seem far-fetched.
Wow thats blind mark love, none belives that but as long as you are a happy mark it doesnt matter.

I dont think Punk will turn heel in a long time, for me it doesnt matter i didnt like punk in SES, and Nexus

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
He won't turn heel. He's got universal support of the crowds and he's now got kids and women cheering for him and buying his merchandise. He's starting to make a dent in Cena's dominance, popularity-wise, so there's no need to stop all that now. All they need to do is take the focus off Cena for a while, and start booking Punk as though he's the top man.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
heels can sell merch too. wasn;t the nWo a heel stable?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.