Wrestling Forum banner

How would YOU try to salvage the ending to HIAC?

2234 32
Before 95% of the posts turn into "they is no way to fix that bullshit ending", hear me out. What if you personally were hired to write an explanation for RAW tonight and told to try and fix it the best way you could, what would some of your ideas be?

I heard one theory today that at least on paper made SOME sense. That the Fiend didnt really care about winning the title from Rollins, that he was testing him to see if he could push him far enough to "let him in", which is to be consumed by your inner darkness. Kind of explains why the Fiend was just laying there to get hit with everything but then just popped up after it was over. He was playing opossum to see if Seth had it in him to go that far. Also could explain why seth was screaming "you made me do this!" after the hammer shot. Maybe Fiend got in his head?

Not sure if this could lead to a potential Daniel Bryan/Wyatt family situation, or if they just drop it altogether moving forward.

I know this ending is getting completely shit on, and for good reason, not debating that whatsoever. Just curious to see any ideas you might have to try and do damage control and work it into a storyline.
Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
15,761 Posts
Actually I'd completely ignore it, act like it never happened, get through this week, split Bray and Seth in the draft and go on acting like none of it ever happened.
I gotta agree.

The "what Hell in a Cell match?" route is definitely the only way to go.

Anything else just digs the hole deeper; and the hole is already pretty damn deep.

· tombstone blues
17,249 Posts
Open the show with a firefly funhouse where bray says the fiend remembers, vince

Cut to gorilla lights go out come back on fiend is mandible clawing Vince

Lights go out come back on there's one monitor on and its bray. He tells vince the fiend will forget if he gets a rematch with rollins. Tonight. That can only end in a pin or submission period. No DQs, no countouts, no no contest, no ref stoppage

Fiend squashes bray in 4 minutes or beats Seth after the match we shoulda got last night. 20 minutes of mayhem

There is no other way to fix this but a rematch with the fiend going over tonight

· The House of Black Always Wins.
20,982 Posts
You can't. I know that's not the answer you want but I really don't think there's any way to fix this personally. The Fiend is an anime character now who is stronger than Goku. You can't fix that. The HIAC concept is ruined. You can't go back and change that. And Rollins is the most hated wrestler on the planet. That can't be fixed either because they won't turn him heel and they won't take the title off of him.

All you can do is move forward and forget it ever happened.

· Registered
15,663 Posts
Actually I'd completely ignore it, act like it never happened, get through this week, split Bray and Seth in the draft and go on acting like none of it ever happened.
Pretty much standard WWE M.O. revise/ignore it away.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Use infinity gauntlet to reverse time, though even a fully powered gauntlet would not be able to beat The Fiend at this point.

I only can think of one or two ways they could somewhat course correct, but almost no chance of Vince picking one.

· The Mister Abigail Experience
9,452 Posts
Have Rollins come out tonight and do the standard speech. Then apologise and say he doesn’t feel very well.

Keep going then dim the lights and when they come up he’s vomiting blood everywhere.

Medics come in but each time the lights dim he pukes blood.

Kayfabe it’s clownpower but irl it’s so he can swallow blood goop.

Do the same thing next week in a back stage interview with HEY KAYLA and have him gradually look more and more haggard.

Then one day he comes out in a scary clown mask and joins Bray as the start of a scary clown stable.

To eventually beat The Friend they have to have whoever goes over realise they have to go into the funhouse and beat red sweater version to weaken him.

Yes the above is shit but it’s a story about a scary clown.

· Banned
6,926 Posts
Before 95% of the posts turn into "they is no way to fix that bullshit ending", hear me out. What if you personally were hired to write an explanation for RAW tonight and told to try and fix it the best way you could, what would some of your ideas be?

I heard one theory today that at least on paper made SOME sense. That the Fiend didnt really care about winning the title from Rollins, that he was testing him to see if he could push him far enough to "let him in", which is to be consumed by your inner darkness. Kind of explains why the Fiend was just laying there to get hit with everything but then just popped up after it was over. He was playing opossum to see if Seth had it in him to go that far. Also could explain why seth was screaming "you made me do this!" after the hammer shot. Maybe Fiend got in his head?

Not sure if this could lead to a potential Daniel Bryan/Wyatt family situation, or if they just drop it altogether moving forward.

I know this ending is getting completely shit on, and for good reason, not debating that whatsoever. Just curious to see any ideas you might have to try and do damage control and work it into a storyline.
That's literally what I was coming in here to type. He deliberately laid there and let Seth do everything he could to hurt him just to show that nothing could keep him down. In doing so, he may have also broken Rollins' psyche and pushed him to a certain point that may be impossible to come back from. Wyatt could say that winning the title means less to him than breaking Seth; he'll only be satisfied taking the title from him when he know it's all he has left.

This is literally the only rationale that remotely works

· Registered
1,881 Posts
There is no way to fix that bullshit ending.

IF it were up to me, I actually have creativity unlike those morons backstage. The Fiend I agree doesn't strike me as a figure that cares about chasing titles, he wants to hurt people. I would have booked it to where The Fiend beats the fuck out of Rollins, wins the match clean, holds the title up then tosses it at Rollins' carcass like a piece of trash and disappears.

It indicates that The Fiend 'forfeited' the title back to Rollins because he simply doesn't care about a silly belt. The Fiend wins and looks strong, Rollins continues looking like a bitch champion.
Boom everyone wins.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.