Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Santino on Team Raw it's become apparent the WWE want him to actually do something again. But he's still got that persona that screams idiocy and jobberdom. So imagine --

Santino doing a Jericho-style heel turn. Now bear with me, I know it's just typical of people here to say "heel turn plz", so let me elaborate. The following happens:

1) Santino drops all comedic aspects of his character and dials down the accent.
2) Santino brings out his proper moveset.
3) Santino gets a new finisher or two - one is a badass painful submission hold - this becomes the NEW Cobra.
4) Santino maybe enters a program with Bryan for the US Title.

Obviously, Santino's heat would mainly stem from America-hating and not being "funny" any more.

What do you think? It's not huge but I think it would be instrumental in making Santino credible again.

·
Registered
758 Posts
They should use Koslov more with him. Santino wanting him to make him a better wrestler and him starting to pick up some decent wins under his belt. He can still keep the comedy side to an extent. He is already one of the most over on the roster so cracking the crowd won't be a problem

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Santino is a great wrestler...but even better enertainer. I can't count how many times i laughed my ass off at his antics. It makes raw better, and we don't need another great wrestler, we need santino. I wish he could win with his comedy kinda like when he had the honk-a-meter.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
They tried the idiot comedy jobber heel turn with Eugene and it bombed BADLY. How seriously I take Santino depends on how quickly he stops doing that fucking Cobra finisher thing.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Santino is funny imo, but I would've no problem if he gets more serious and drops the comedy gimmick. Him and Kozlov could be a pretty badass tag team imo!
Santino portraited a russian sambo master in OVW, didn't he?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
not gonna happen and doesnt need to. they can use his tagging with koslov as reason for him becoming a better fighter and/ or more serious IF THEY WANT TO. he did also attempt a cool looking submission on superstars so dont be surpised if he soon adds a submission to his move set.

not to mention koslov is also over right now as a result of teaming with santino and that would go out the window if they did something else with santino.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Just give him a proper gimmick,looks (his outfit is awfull),get him heel,a serius one,and team him with Kozlov to a badass role,a dominating one. I saw some of his work on wtv the company he was before and he was not bad,not bad at all. Then them could go in the Tag Team division...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts