Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a crazy thought so I figured I'd just ask the reaction of people here. What would your reaction be if Alberto Del Rio faced Kofi Kingston at Elimination Chamber, it was made an IC title match, and Del Rio won. Then, Brodus Clay wins NXT and he and Alberto Del Rio win the tag titles, and then he goes to WrestleMania and beats Edge, and he owns all 3 belts? I think it would be a great way to put more heat on ADR. The IC title isn't worth anything and the tag titles are barely even visible on today's product, so it's not too overboard of a push, but they can push the idea of being a multiple champion to really piss off the crowd.

I don't think WWE would EVER have the balls to pull this stunt off in a million years, but since he's technically in a position where it can feasibly happen, I wanted to gauge people's reaction.

· Registered
534 Posts
I can actually imagine him having servants come out with him and Ricardo to hold his belts. It seems very plausible.
Mistico ;)

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
I just had a crazy thought so I figured I'd just ask the reaction of people here. What would your reaction be if Alberto Del Rio faced Kofi Kingston at Elimination Chamber, it was made an IC title match, and Del Rio won. Then, Brodus Clay wins NXT and he and Alberto Del Rio win the tag titles, and then he goes to WrestleMania and beats Edge, and he owns all 3 belts? I think it would be a great way to put more heat on ADR. The IC title isn't worth anything and the tag titles are barely even visible on today's product, so it's not too overboard of a push, but they can push the idea of being a multiple champion to really piss off the crowd.

I don't think WWE would EVER have the balls to pull this stunt off in a million years, but since he's technically in a position where it can feasibly happen, I wanted to gauge people's reaction.
Hold on a second here. So, you constantly bitch and whine about people like Seamus winning the title, or whoever the hell else is on your shit list getting even the slightest of pushes yet you want to hand ADR 3 fucking titles not to mention a Rumble win to his name and he hasn't even been there a year? I don't think I have ever seen a better example of blind marking and hypocrisy in my life. And btw, I'm fully expecting some sort of reply along the lines of, "ADR/Barrett/Punk/Christian are deserving and aren't talentless hacks like the people I don't like blah blah blah." Get a new line.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hold on a second here. So, you constantly bitch and whine about people like Seamus winning the title, or whoever the hell else is on your shit list getting even the slightest of pushes yet you want to hand ADR 3 fucking titles not to mention a Rumble win to his name and he hasn't even been there a year? I don't think I have ever seen a better example of blind marking and hypocrisy in my life. And btw, I'm fully expecting some sort of reply along the lines of, "ADR/Barrett/Punk/Christian are deserving and aren't talentless hacks like the people I don't like blah blah blah." Get a new line.
I didn't say I WANTED it to happen. I even said it was an outlandish idea, but it would be an effective way to put more heat on him and since it's technically feasible for it to happen with the way things are set up now, I was just gauging people's reaction to the idea. I'm not expecting it or happen, and I'm not calling for it to happen. As long as he wins the world title, that's all I care about.

Now if you're done blabbering (yeah, I know, that won't happen since it's...you), I'd like to move on.

· Registered
8,239 Posts
I like the idea Alberto maybe beating Kofi Kingston for the belt and going into Wrestlemania as the Intercontinental Champion. Being the 1st time the I-C Champ went for the World Title at Wrestlemania since Ultimate Warrior.

As far as being the Tag Champions with Brodius Clay of all people, I'm not a fan.

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,677 Posts
Didn't the WWE do something similar with Kurt Angle when he first arrived? Even if it is just the WHC and the IC belt I think it could be a good thing in the long run, firstly del Rio gets some more heat which helps the faces who can beat him and secondly it can help to build a young up and comer to take the IC title off AdR.

· FOTC
12,756 Posts
Will Del Rio win the IC from Kofi?

I think it's safe to sat Alberto Del Rio will square off against Kofi at Elimination Chamber, but do you think the IC Title will be on the line? Knowing WWE, it probably won't be. Anytime they have a chance to do Title for Title at a WM they find a way to not to let it happen.

However, I think this is the time they might let it happen. It's likely Brodus Clay will win NXT, which would allow for he and Del Rio to get a Tag Title shot. It would definitely build Del Rio up strong if he went into WM 27 as the IC and Tag Team Champion.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.