Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bray Wyatt was the hottest acts coming out of summerslam 2019 after the in ring debut of his new alternate persona 'the fiend' and after squashing former universal/NXT champion Finn Balor in minutes alot of people thought he was gonna be the next huge act in the wwe.

But after the wwe caught onto this and realised Wyatt s potential as a money maker they quickly there him into a main title picture program with them champ with Seth Rollins and after a horrible botchy finish hell in a cell match Wyatts momentum hasn't been as hot since. The fiend character is still a big commodity but not to the level I think it could of been if they kept him away from that program. Like jim.Ross use to say 'if you don't want that guy to lose but also you don't want other to either then why'd you book the match?'

So the question how would you off booked bray wyatt after summerslam 2019.

There's a few possiblys

No magic / no supernatural - the fiend could of just been a character that doesn't possess powers and everything going on around him is just a delusion in Wyatt's mind. The fun house not being a real place and when someone does eventually go looking for it and finds it it's just Wyatt in a dark room talking to absolutely nothing the story could of been Wyatt really being even more unhinged after losing his followers his title and spending the last few years losing and becoming more powerless because of it. The whole thing with Seth turning up to the fun house and burning it down really did cheapen it imo and they could of dived into something totally different. But I think the wwe wanted to go down the the taker/kane route with the character but Wyatt isn't them character's it should of been an original character with out all the gaga of supernatural abilitys

He appears very sporadically like a 1996/1997 sting - what got sting over in wcw with crow gimmick during the nitro golden years was the fact he only appeared out of the blue which made the moment alot bigger when he did and the crowds went nuts. Time away makes the heart grow fonder sometimes and sometimes less is more and with a character like that you don't need to see him unless the moment is called upon and the story's right

he takes on heels and faces - a character like that should of just took on anyone regardless if they was a good guy or a bad guy if he feels he needs to take you out he'll take you out regardless and I think it could of been something different from the norm. A guy who doesn't care about belts about where he is on the card just a guy who chooses someone to toy with during a angle

Im.just spit balling here really its been long debated about Wyatt over the years and a lot of people feel like the character has always been overrated and I get that as well maybe this character wasn't meant to have a long shelve life in terms of him being hot on the show for some people they just can't take the look serious or the way he works with this character alot of people including myself really was more interested in him when he first came up as swamp cult leader Wyatt I think that was one of the biggest travesty's of the past 10 years in wrestling that he didn't get as big as he could off with that character

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
I'm not the guy's biggest fan. The Fiend thing is absolutely awful. He had a purpose in The Wyatt Family. I can't even remember what he did at SummerSlam last year. I read that it was Finn Balor. Just don't go supernatural with him. You got away with giving him new music and a fresh coat of paint. Just use him around as a guy to keep warm until you need someone to beat him.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not the guy's biggest fan. The Fiend thing is absolutely awful. He had a purpose in The Wyatt Family. I can't even remember what he did at SummerSlam last year. I read that it was Finn Balor. Just don't go supernatural with him. You got away with giving him new music and a fresh coat of paint. Just use him around as a guy to keep warm until you need someone to beat him.
Yeah he squashed Finn balor. But Wyatt is one of the best talkers in the business right now the in ring isn't fantastic but ya can get past that if they give him good storylines that don't involve supernatural hokey stuff he can be a really big character. They lack guys who can tell story's and Wyatt can tell them but without all the hokey stuff inbetween

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not the guy's biggest fan. The Fiend thing is absolutely awful. He had a purpose in The Wyatt Family. I can't even remember what he did at SummerSlam last year. I read that it was Finn Balor. Just don't go supernatural with him. You got away with giving him new music and a fresh coat of paint. Just use him

This is the bray Wyatt they should of be consistent with and kept strong

·
Queen of all Galaxies
4,039 Posts
Hell in a Cell 2019: The Fiend defeats Kane in a Hell in a Cell match.
Crown Jewel 2019: The Fiend defeats Seth Rollins in a Falls Count Anywhere match to win the Universal Championship.
Survivor Series 2019: Universal Champion The Fiend defeats WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.
TLC 2019: The Fiend defeats Daniel Bryan in a TLC match to retain the Universal Championship.
Royal Rumble 2020: The Fiend defeats Roman Reigns to retain the Universal Championship.
Super ShowDown 2020: The Fiend defeats Goldberg to retain the Universal Championship.
Elimination Chamber 2020: The Fiend wins an Elimination Chamber match to retain the Universal Championship.
WrestleMania 36: The Fiend defeats John Cena in a Firefly Fun House to retain the Universal Championship.
Money in the Bank 2020: The Fiend defeats Big E to retain the Universal Championship.
Backlash 2020: The Fiend defeats Jeff Hardy in a Strap match to retain the Universal Championship.
Extreme Rules 2020: The Fiend defeats Braun Strowman in a Swamp Fight to retain the Universal Championship.
SummerSlam 2020: The Fiend defeats AJ Styles to retain the Universal Championship.
Night of Champions 2020: The Fiend defeats Triple H to retain the Universal Championship.
Hell in a Cell 2020: The Fiend defeats Shane McMahon & Triple H in a Handicap Hell in a Cell match to retain the Universal Championship.
Crown Jewel 2020: The Fiend defeats Matt Riddle to retain the Universal Championship.
Survivor Series 2020: Universal Champion The Fiend defeats WWE Champion Drew McIntyre by disqualification after Mr. Money in the Bank The Undertaker interferes, rips The Fiend's mask off and pins him to win the Universal Championship.
Royal Rumble 2021: Bray Wyatt returns and wins the Royal Rumble match as his Eater of Worlds persona.
WrestleMania 37: The Fiend defeats The Undertaker in an Inferno match to win the Universal Championship. Bray Wyatt starts the match as his Eater of Worlds persona and The Undertaker sets him on fire, apparently retaining his title. The Fiend however emerges from the flames and sets The Undertaker on fire, thus regaining the title.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
4,039 Posts
I got a better idea for that match against Taker:

WrestleMania 37: The Fiend defeats The Undertaker 2-1 in a Three Stages of Hell match to win the Universal Championship.
Stage 1 - Bray Wyatt (as his Eater of Worlds persona) defeats The Undertaker in a No Holds Barred match.
Stage 2 - The Undertaker defeats Bray Wyatt (as his Eater of Worlds persona) in an Inferno match. Bray Wyatt is in so much pain, but he eventually grabs an extinguisher and uses it to put the fire out. The Fiend emerges from the fog and The Undertaker can't believe it.
Stage 3 - The Fiend defeats The Undertaker in a Goodbye Forever match (a Casket/Buried Alive mix; in order to win this match, you should put your opponent inside the casket AND THEN bury him). The Fiend puts The Undertaker inside the casket and then buries him with ease to regain the Universal Championship.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,196 Posts
i certainly wouldnt have had him in throwaway feuds with the miz (lol) or john cena just so cena had something to do that WM.

he should have just remained Swamp Wyatt, none of this "cuddly kids character one day, invincible freak once he puts on the mask" stuff which makes no sense. and he should have been booked strong and feuded with aj styles, roman or other top guys and actually WON the feud for once.

·
it's a tarp!
5,442 Posts
I would have booked Bray in his own Universe.

Bring in an opponent specifically for him, create a monster, so monster vs monster.

As the story is told from Bray's vantage he is the one people will babyface, but as the story unfolds it is revealed that the hero is the villain and the villain is the hero, which now time elapsed has built up to Wrestlemania, monster vs monster, there can be only one.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,323 Posts
1st things first, NO CINEMATIC MATCHES ever again. This shit is pure cheese and needs to stop immediately across the board.

Cut out the supernatural bullshit too. The Fiend would just be a psychotic character, similar to Mankind's original character. At Hell in a Cell, there wouldn't be any finisher spamming, instead he would have just squashed Rollins to win the championship.

Never would have had that bullshit "match" with Cena at Mania, instead he would have dropped the title to Braun in an actual match not some clusterfuck D level horror movie "Swamp Match".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts