Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I agree with just about everything said in here, and we dont need Celebrity guest hosts all the damn time

also less focus on trying to sell this Total Divas product and more emphasis on the Division itself, and stop having AJ job when she's the champion ffs

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Everybody has said great things but i have 10 simple ways to fix the mid card

1. Give them gimmicks-nobody in the midcard has a gimmick except for The Real Americans. I mean everyone else is just there pretty much
2. Build rivalries-every midcard match seems to be just two guys fighting without a purpose and nobody cares
3. Make the titles mean something-when was the last time either the US or IC title was defended, i thought the main title unification was gonna make the midcard belts relevant but ot just made it worse. The championship scramble idea is a good one though.
4. Have a midcard faction-have a bunch of guys start a faction and dominate the midcard and have the faces team up against them.
5. Stop jobbing the midcarders-like seriously guys like Titus O'Neil shouldn't be jobbing to Sheamus the guy oozes charisma and has the best song in the company and you guhs let that go to waste. Such idiots
6. Stop bringing back people-guys like Taker and Brock are fine but why bring back Batista and put him in the main event. That took away a potential spot for a midcarder to be pushed and allow someone from NXT to potentially be pushed.
7. Get them over-nobody in the midcard is really over, thats partially due to nobody having a gimmick. It looked like Big E was gonna be that guy but once they put the title on him its like they forgot hes champion
8. Get Cesaro away from Jack and Zeb-putting him with them was a real mistake in the first place but he needs his own gimmick and they need to strike with him while the irons hot.
9. Give them promos-When was the last time you saw a midcard promo on actual Raw and not the app...EXACTLY
10. Bring up new talent-there is only a handful of credible midcard guys: Big E, Cesaro, Ziggler, Kofi, Swagger, Titus, Darren Young, The Usos. I think Sandow is no longer salvageable, and i probably missed a couple guys but thats 9 people thats a thin midcard so it would help greatly to bring up a new guy or two and give them a feud.

·
#HAIRBEAR #TEAMPALE
5,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
some good idea's ITT

·
Frost-Byte
8,580 Posts
Start developing some rivalries between some mid-carders and actually have the IC & US titles defended plenty more often. Those two things alone would present a much different picture of the mid-card scene.
Completely agree on this and especially on the IC and US titles being defended more. I can't remember the last time Ambrose defended the US title and Big E is holding the IC belt it just for the hell of it. They need some meaningful feuds for those championships.

·
Registered
14,179 Posts
1. I know people don't like to hear it, and I understand why, But we need a show split again, There is Too many active wrestlers for the little bit of time there is left on the shows that we have lost to ads. However don't make them static "brand" splits keep them rotating, but no one should be on both shows in one week unless its maybe the week before a PPV.

2. Have two main "upper card" stories going and rotate the them between the shows, say maybe one is two weeks on Raw the other two weeks on SD, Switch for one, then switch for one again, then switch another two, you know, keep it kinda random.

3. As has been said get the damned IC and US titles in stories and feuds. Both of those title should be defended no less than twice a month. once on the PPV of the month and once on Raw and SD for the month.

4. Change up some characters. Give Johnny Curtis a try as a face with a better character, Let Big E be a little more spirited, I think Cody is due another heel run. There is just so many possibilities out there it just blows my mind how often they totally miss the mark, almost every time.

They have so totally botched the lower card up that at this point I can honestly say I am not even sure if I could make a good enough guess aside from these. I know the ideas are out there, there are some good ones in the thread here. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Stables, Tag Teams, relevant feuds.

Maybe you have Fandango start treating Summer Rae poorly and she starts hanging out with Justin Gaberial. Then Fandango goes after Justin.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Have the mid-card titles defended often and in actual storylines. Make it seem like other wrestlers actually want them. Have contender matches, make it seem like a bigger deal if a mid-card match like say Fandango vs. Darren Young would give one of those guys more consideration for an Intercontinental title shot.

Also, give them TV and promo time to develop feuds, even if they aren't for the titles. Don't have so many randomly thrown together matches, even a little backstage interaction between two guys could lead to a match the next week. Give these guys some edgy angles to get them noticed (if they wrestler shows they could handle it). For example, we'll never see the exact type of promo's he cut as Jon Moxley but have Dean Ambrose play up his rough history. Heck, have Ambrose encounter Cody Rhodes backstage and run down Cody for having all the breaks because of his Dad while Ambrose has had to scrap because his Dad was a loser.

Basically, give the audience a reason to care about these guys.

·
Registered
474 Posts
1. Elevate the IC belt by having main eventers and midcarders participating in it

-If I were to do this, of course I'd have credible midcarders win it. Guys who can cut solid promos and can put on a good match. Now remember that gray area that the unification brought where there will be several main eventers that could possibly be without storyline? Well, put them in a feud with the IC champ. It really elevates the belt to have main eventers going after it. For example, say Cena and Bryan are feuding for the WWEWHC and Ziggler was the IC champ. Orton will be without a storyline so have him feud with Ziggler for the IC champ

2. Stables

-Another gray area the unification brought is that only a handful of wrestlers will be able to win the WWEWHC. With the large roster they have, there will be wrestlers without storylines. Enter stables. Combine 3-4 guys and get them a gimmick and a purpose why they banded together. It gives more time for midcarders who aren't doing much at the moment. British stable, Samoan stable, African-American stable, Disgruntled men stable, Dark arts stable whatever

3. Tweak their gimmicks

-It really gets boring to see an unchanging gimmick for almost a decade (Cena). Why not change the gimmicks? Although I think this is a stretch, I do think it would make the midcard interesting. Kofi's been same ole shit for a while. He was pretending to be Jamaican at first then after that, no character at all. How about a Samoan pirate gimmick and a heel turn?

4. More TV/promo time and storylines

-Lastly, I think all of what I suggested wouldn't happen without promos, TV time or a quality storyline. I remember back then when Rey and Eddie were in a feud. No belts, just bad blood. They gave Eddie promo time with his "I'm your papi" and "Eddie's bedtime stories" and more backstage TV time. That feud turned out great and I instantly became an Eddie fan during that feud

21 - 30 of 30 Posts