Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Triple Threat WWF Title Match
Stone Cold vs The Rock vs Triple H

Even though Austin/Rock is one of my favorite matches of all time, I think this match would have been even bigger than that. This has always been a dream match of mine. I think the perfect time for this match to have happened was WM 17. They were the top 3 superstars of the attitude era. This would of been a great match to end the attitude era. I would of still had Vince help Austin win the match, but have HHH turn face in the process. Which would set up an Austin/HHH feud for the title after WM 17.

No DQ Match
Undertaker vs Kurt Angle

I think this would of been a fun feud leading up to WM. I would of built up the fact that Taker had never beaten Angle up to that point. If Angle wasn't going to be the champion, the next thing he wanted to do was defeat Taker at WM.

Street Fight
Mick Foley vs Vince McMahon

Vince/Shane was a good match, but I think this match would of been even better. After Vince fired Foley late in 2000, this was the feud I wanted to see at WM. For Foley to get his revenge on Vince in a bloody fight. I think it could of been the best match that Vince had at WM.

IC Title (Iron Man Match)
Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit

I loved the Ladder Match they had at RR 2001. I think they should have continued their feud leading into WM. I think they could of had a good chance of stealing the show if they had an Iron Man Match.

TLC Tag Title Match
Edge and Christian vs Dudleys vs Hardys

Only thing I would change about this match is having a face team win. I always hated that Edge and Christian won most of these matches. Dudleys were always my favorite team, I wish they would have won one of the TLC matches.

Hardcore Title Match
Big Show vs Kane vs Raven

Wouldn't change anything about this match.

Woman's Title Match
Chyna vs Ivory

Only thing I would change about this match is that it should of been longer. They should have milked Chyna's injury at the time alot more than they did. and then have Chyna beat Ivory at the end.

I think this would have made a great WM, even better than it was. Would you still consider it to be the best WM of all time?

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts

Even though Austin/Rock is one of my favorite matches of all time, I think this match would have been even bigger than that. This has always been a dream match of mine. I think the perfect time for this match to have happened was WM 17. They were the top 3 superstars of the attitude era. This would of been a great match to end the attitude era. I would of still had Vince help Austin win the match, but have HHH turn face in the process. Which would set up an Austin/HHH feud for the title after WM 17.
I think this is one of the biggest matches to have never happened. It is a dream match of mine too and it is a bit ridiculous that it didn't happen sometime between 00/01. Can you say epic? Fucking hell, I can't even imagine.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Oddly, the only match I would change at X-Seven is the one you wouldn't. The Triple Threat Hardcore match.

I'd have kept it in the ring area for mostly the whole match. Litter the area with weapons, smash each other through an announcee table maybe. Their tour of the backstage area, while entertaining, eventually just made it a bit boring.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
I wouldn't want to fuck with the greatest WrestleMania Main Event of all time, but if this was to happen at 18 or 16, I'd be all for it (obviously).

No DQ Match
Undertaker vs Kurt Angle
A good looking match, but doesn't need the No DQ stip to be a classic. Give these guys a straight up wrestling match and yeah, this would be an amazing match.

Street Fight
Mick Foley vs Vince McMahon
Awesome selection here. These two could do some crazy shit, maybe even throw Shane McMahon in there and make it a Triple Threat match.

IC Title (Iron Man Match)
Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit
No complaints here, this looks simply amazing on paper. Maybe underwhelming in comparison to their Ladder Match a couple months earlier although...

TLC Tag Title Match
Edge and Christian vs Dudleys vs Hardys

This is the best spotfest of all time so of course leaving it how it is was a good choice.

Hardcore Title Match
Big Show vs Kane vs Raven
Good/great hardcore title match here, good choice on leaving it.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Good card especially HHH/Rock/Austin... Though to one of your points Taker beat Angle at Fully Loaded 2000...

Although Since Benoit/Jericho already had a Ladder match at RR I think maybe a submission match or something like that would have been great as well... Though I did love Benoit/Angle too so I don't know if I would have changed that match.

·
Registered
333 Posts

A match that deserved to happen sometime during 2000-2001. Rock/Austin was the cash match though, seeing as both were SUPER over around Wrestlemania 17 time.

Also, Austin/HHH had reached a climax at No Way Out 2001. Continuing it afterward would've made it stale, but I would've loved a face HHH-heel Austin feud.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
A match that deserved to happen sometime during 2000-2001. Rock/Austin was the cash match though, seeing as both were SUPER over around Wrestlemania 17 time.

Also, Austin/HHH had reached a climax at No Way Out 2001. Continuing it afterward would've made it stale, but I would've loved a face HHH-heel Austin feud.
I had always wished for a Face HHH/Heel Austin match at WM X-8 but alas it wasn't to be... :no:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts