Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#StayClassyWF
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some people say that they are disappointed in the DQ finish at last night's PPV.
So what would you have done different? It doesn't matter if it's to the actual finish or the aftermatch.

I came up with this in the Discussion Thread:
I think Miz should have been booked to cash in after the main event.

I would have had Cena AA Barrett like what happened, but I would have made Cena walk to the back straight away with a smirk on his face. Orton realises he is still Champion and does his whole celebration thing on the ropes. Barrett comes to, grabs Orton, hits Wastelands and then runs to the back to go after Cena.

The second Barrett gets backstage - "AAAAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEESSSSOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEEEE!"
Miz runs down, cashes in, waits for Orton to get up, Skull-Crushing Finale, 1-2-3, The Miz is your new WWE Champion.

Tomorrow on Raw, The Miz can claim he did it cause he was let down by Team Raw, and he wanted to show he is the premier star on Raw, so he cashed in and won the title. Orton comes out, RKO's Riley, invokes his rematch clause at Survivor Series.

Barrett makes a Tag Title match, Otunga/Cena v Gabriel/Slater and forces Cena to lay down and let Gabriel pin him. Barrett can then "fire" Cena (the reason for the title change is that if Cena is fired, the titles would be vacated, Otunga/Gabriel/Slater hold them under Freebird rules). Cena is then re-hired by Vince McMahon (he was attacked by Nexus after all) and is put in a match against Barrett at Survivor Series (where Triple H could be revealed as the "bigger picture").

I'm only saying this because Barrett now cannot trust Cena to do his orders, so he can't use Cena to get him a title match, and after tonight, Cena is gonna make sure he bends the rules to suit him against Barrett.

Miz also doesn't have a ready feud now, Orton doesn't really either - the match tonight was more about Barrett/Cena than Orton v Barrett. It would give a fresh main event at a PPV and if Miz went over at Survivor Series, he could hold the title until the Rumble or EC to give him a decent first title run.
So what would you have done?

·
The Man Comes Around
8,486 Posts
Cena AA on Orton

Cena AA on Barrett and leave

Orton RKO Barrett, the show is over

And how many times may we say that The Miz can't cash right now? dude still need to improve. Last night he looked weak as heel

·
Registered
45 Posts
This would have been good. But let's see what they're going to do on Raw... maybe it will turn out ok

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
If I could backtrack a little, I’d have built up more of a bond/rivalry between Barrett/Miz. Both would be using Cena to further their agendas – Barrett procured his services to become WWE champ; Miz has him at his disposal on Team Raw. Miz would tease cashing in if Barrett defeats Orton at Bragging Rights. This fractures any mutual understanding that may have existed between them.

I would have also changed the stipulation for John Cena. If Cena doesn’t do Barrett’s bidding, he will be traded to Smackdown. This really helps promote the bad blood between the two brands and the intense rivalry (Cena does not want to go to the ‘inferior’ show, as he sees it).

At Bragging Rights, Miz and Cena win it for Raw. Barrett defeats Orton with Cena’s assistance. Miz comes down and gets AA. Techncally, he doesn’t cash in. Orton recovers and RKOs everyone.

Where to from here?

- Barrett vs. Orton - return match
- You could also test the water with Cena vs. Orton headlining a PPV in time for WrestleMania or go Barrett vs. Cena (for freedom + gold), if they don't plan using that at Wrestlemania.
- Miz still has possession of the briefcase.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
As it is written in the link in my sig ,

Wade Barrett would have won that match , 100% clean. Then he would order Cena to suck his dick (Or kiss his ass if thats more PG appropriate) followed by the GM computer getting an email stating Cena is now free to do as he pleases because Barrett just tried to go way too far with this slavery of Cena. Cena kicks Barretts ass and Barrett is stretchered off.

Next day on RAW Barrett says he wants a WWE title match with Gabriel because hes in no condition to defend his title (He would be in multiple casts , sling , neckbrace , etc) , Blah blah blah , Gabriel turns face by not simply pinning Barrett when he just laid down and 450s him anyway.

Gabriel continues to retain title 100% clean untill Elimination chamber , etc...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Barrett winning the title, standing tall with his foot on Orton's chest. Cuts to crowd shots and images of college douches in Tapout shirts crying like the very Cena-loving kids that they mocked the PPV before.

·
Fighting the feeling...
2,444 Posts
How would I have finished the show?

With a public apology from the writers of that shit from Sunday night. Only good thing to come out of it was the fact it was aired on Sky Sports and not PPV so saved myself £15.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I would have had Orton beat Barrett, then he issues an open challenge, Christian comes out in a sling, beats Orton up puts him through both announce tables, buries him alive for a bit, hit him with a chair, throw him off the titantron, then pin him for the 1 2 3. Christian wins the WWE title.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts